Wifi disconnects when connecting to bluetooth headphones in MX Linux 21 xfce

StoneFist

Reaction score
Credits
Morning. I am using a Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop where the os is MX Linux 21 xfce. Everytime i connect my bluetooth headphone to my laptop, the wifi disconnects. Is there any solution around this problem? I use iwconfig in terminal is this is what i get,.
iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"Digicel_WiFi_a4GH_EXT"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.432 GHz Access Point: 68:FF:7B:6D:59:F9
Bit Rate=65 Mb/s Tx-Power=15 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:eek:ff Fragment thr:eek:ff
Power Management:eek:ff
Link Quality=70/70 Signal level=-37 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:45 Invalid misc:188 Missed beacon:0

I've looked on line but could not find which wireless/bluetooth card you have in the machine. Please go to a terminal and type the following command and post the output here.
Code:
inxi -Nn

Network: Device-1: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak] driver: iwlwifi
IF: wlan0 state: up mac: bc:77:37:04:9c:19
Device-2: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169
IF: eth0 state: down mac: 14:fe:b5:9d:4d:c1

I can't find a specific answer for your card. The correct driver seems to be installed. On some cards Bluetooth in Linux is not well supported and interferes with Wireless operations. You may find it helpful to try the Mx AHS release as a live test and see if a newer kernel may be of help. Maybe someone else will chime in that has more experience with that card. My last Dell had a Broadcom card and it worked fine after install the propitiatory driver.

I can't find a specific answer for your card. The correct driver seems to be installed. On some cards Bluetooth in Linux is not well supported and interferes with Wireless operations. You may find it helpful to try the Mx AHS release as a live test and see if a newer kernel may be of help. Maybe someone else will chime in that has more experience with that card. My last Dell had a Broadcom card and it worked fine after install the propitiatory driver.
I try Mx AHS but no permanent to the problem. I have only a temporary solution to this from another fourm.

try this command sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi-opt.conf <<< "options iwlwifi bt_coex_active=N" and reboot. If it works use the following command to be permanent sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi-opt.conf

Sigh!

That Intel 1030 is a 2-n-1 both WiFi and Bluetooth on the same board those older boards do not have the bandwidth to run both at the same time so it either shuts one down completely or reduces it where it hardly functions - as far as I know there is no permanent cure for that - the best option is to turn off Bluetooth and use a wired speaker or use an Ethernet cable and turn off WiFi

This is common in Android systems and that is the way they work.

Must say I chopped MX due to a design fault. USB connected devices no problem but main bus connected drives are another matter. If you are a normal user with one hdd and one dvd then you will never have a problem. My use is to have my virtual drives on a separate hot plug hdd to be used when required. I discovered a flaw that the authors were not happy about and we fell out. Any hdd will be picked up by MX if it is connected at startup. Thereafter the problems start. If you hotplug another drive it will not pick it up, unlike usb. Also, if you disconnect one which is there at startup it it will not pick it up without a restart.
Every other distro I have tried will pick up hot plugs.

Perhaps MX needs a dose of olive oil to work.

Staff online

Members online