Solved While Using PGP (gpa), it claims my loging pw doesn't match keyring?

Solved issue

rdfrkian

Reaction score
Credits
I think this is the right thread forum?

I tried to get a screenshot, but it wouldn't let me. Recently I posted a thread asking how to change my encryption login for my laptop. A solution was found using command line and everything seemed fine.

Now when using GPA and signing or encrypting text a window pops up claiming the encryption login password doesn't match the keyring. Not sure what this means. I tried the new and old pw's to clear it out. Now I just cancel and am able to sign and encrypt as usual. Not sure why this is happening. I used GPA for this, but it does the same thing in Kleopatra.

Maybe I should've added this to the end of my other thread? idk.
Any thoughts?

Figured this out on my own. Used Seahorse to delete the keyring and all is good now.

Figured this out on my own. Used Seahorse to delete the keyring and all is good now.

That's what I've done in the past but I wasn't going to recommend it. I'm pretty sure there's a proper solution but I don't know what that solution is.

That's what I've done in the past but I wasn't going to recommend it. I'm pretty sure there's a proper solution but I don't know what that solution is.
I think it works bc it deletes the config file or whatever, then recreates it properly after a reboot? That was my thinking anyway.

I think it works bc it deletes the config file or whatever, then recreates it properly after a reboot? That was my thinking anyway.

I think it's a permanent thing but I haven't had to do this in years so I don't recall if it was recreated. You're in a better position to check that than I am.

Members online