Webcam help

camprd123

Reaction score
Credits
I was having problems with webcam using online version of Microsoft Teams. After bit of searching online, I read to open Cheese. This showed wecam had a problem, so then I downloaded Webcamoid and the webcam worked. I used webcam on Teams and Google Meet for a few days without issue. Then after changing nothing, it no longer works. When I go to Webcamoid get this (see attached screenshot.) Please help I really need webcam for my work. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-02-16 15-41-38.png
    Screenshot from 2022-02-16 15-41-38.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 133

G'day camprd123, Welcome to Linux.org

Which Linux are you using?....which version?

Were there any updates during the time you were using it without problems?....either system updates or updates to that particular app?

If Cheese showed the webcam having a problem....what was that problem?...was it possible to resolve it?

How long have you had the webcam?...has it given trouble before?

Also, is there a hardware switch you may have bumped once into the on position and lastly into the off position? I've had laptops with hardware mic switches.

It is the internal webcam/camera so there are no switches. I am using linux 5.13.0-28 generic x86_64. No updates, I was only using it for 2days. I uninstalled webcamoid and reinstalled cheese and now it works again.

Without further info from you, it is just taking a guess on our part

Possibly a kernel/driver issue.

It is the internal webcam/camera so there are no switches.

So wasn't mine. That was kinda the point, as you could just unplug an external camera, or at least change where it's pointed.

Latest posts