[UNSOLVED] ventoy UEFI causing system to freeze.

```sudo tpm_setenable -d
Tspi_Context_Connect failed: 0x00003011 - layer=tsp, code=0011 (17), Communication failure```
1711270676586.png

Your lsmod | grep -i tpm report on post #36 show you have a TPM, The_infineon 20480 0 tpm chip [which is TMP 2], now some of the confusion may be coming from the_infineon TMP product code you have is for those manufactured by Nvidia

If i apt remove libelf1t64 it tries to remove every packages. will it be safe?
No don't then, can you share the output of the following?
Code:
dpkg --list | grep libelf1t64

Code:
dpkg --list | grep libelf1t64

ii  libelf1t64:amd64                                 0.191-1                                   amd64        library to read and write ELF files
I didn't have that happen on my vm, do you have any other source activated. Can you share the output of the following?
Code:
ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list.d

And can you share your main sources file: /etc/apt/sources.list ?

That specific package that it was complaining about, isn't in the main repo since I can't find it on my vm so I'm guessing it came from one of those other repos. It will be a pain to sort that out, can we try something different.
Can you download this live Debian iso.
Run boot your laptop from the iso and see if the same problem happens with the freezing/crashing as with your current install?

Run boot your laptop from the iso and see if the same problem happens with the freezing/crashing as with your current install?
By booting, I mean copy the iso to a usb flash drive, boot from the flash drive and then have your laptop run on it for an hour or so and see if the same freezes/crashes happen as with your current installation.

By booting, I mean copy the iso to a usb flash drive, boot from the flash drive and then have your laptop run on it for an hour or so and see if the same freezes/crashes happen as with your current installation.
The freeze doesnt happen everyday but when it happens it happens for like 2-3 times then it doesnt happen for long time. when it happens i literally need to poweroff the machine. so is there any other option rather then live boot? like making an partition and doing an dual boot? i have alot of storage in my disk.

The freeze doesnt happen everyday but when it happens it happens for like 2-3 times then it doesnt happen for long time. when it happens i literally need to poweroff the machine. so is there any other option rather then live boot? like making an partition and doing an dual boot? i have alot of storage in my disk.
By letting you do the live boot I wanted to see if happens then or not, if it doesn't happen then I would think it might be something in your current installation, then I would suggest you do clean Debian install without adding extra repos and have it running for a couple of days. If it then still doesn't happen I would have you add your other repos again and then see how it goes, but if the problem still occurs without having extra repos I would advise just to run a different distribution with newer kernel and software. You catch my drift?

Could you also show the content of your files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d, so what the sources look like of each individual file, I've only seen the main one so far and would be interesting to see what those other ones look like.

By letting you do the live boot I wanted to see if happens then or not, if it doesn't happen then I would think it might be something in your current installation, then I would suggest you do clean Debian install without adding extra repos and have it running for a couple of days. If it then still doesn't happen I would have you add your other repos again and then see how it goes, but if the problem still occurs without having extra repos I would advise just to run a different distribution with newer kernel and software. You catch my drift?

Could you also show the content of your files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d, so what the sources look like of each individual file, I've only seen the main one so far and would be interesting to see what those other ones look like.
It also happend in live boot. but to my surprise it happend after i installed edge browser. It happend in my main OS after removing edge also. Was it a coincidence that after i lunched edge then the system crashed? I will again boot into live mode and run without installing edge or if you have any other idea.
1711288404610.png

Those repo sources look fine as far as I can tell. If you have a place to backup your data and do a clean install without adding extra repos to see if the system freezes/crash happens, if it then still happens with a clean install without extra repos than I would probably advice to install a distribution with newer kernel and software in the repos, because that's about my last idea. That way if it still happens you will know it has something to do with Debian and if not you know it was something with your old install.

Those repo sources look fine as far as I can tell. If you have a place to backup your data and do a clean install without adding extra repos to see if the system freezes/crash happens, if it then still happens with a clean install without extra repos than I would probably advice to install a distribution with newer kernel and software in the repos, because that's about my last idea. That way if it still happens you will know it has something to do with Debian and if not you know it was something with your old install.
Clean install coming up :)

Clean install coming up :)
Cool, looking forward to the results. :) Even though a clean install is not something I normally do but since this is my last idea and it will hopefully get you an answer that the problem will still be there or it won't, then if it still there you can decide to use a different distribution saves you a lot of time from trying other things since I don't think anyone else currently has any ideas.

Cool, looking forward to the results. :) Even though a clean install is not something I normally do but since this is my last idea and it will hopefully get you an answer that the problem will still be there or it won't, then if it still there you can decide to use a different distribution saves you a lot of time from trying other things since I don't think anyone else currently has any ideas.
This is talking so much long then i anticipated. So basically i think my previous debian is In bios mode ? but my laptop is UEFI. So now when i want to install new debian in UEFI i cant. I expect an option to erase disk fully and install the new debian in UEFI mode.
1711294584360.png

but my laptop is UEFI. So now when i want to install new debian in UEFI i cant. I expect an option to erase disk fully and install the new debian in UEFI mode
Make sure your uefi is selected in your bios, then under manual partitioning you can delete your current partitions and create a new partition scheme but be sure to leave your home partition if you didn't backup your persona files to an external hard drive or ssd.

Make sure your uefi is selected in your bios, then under manual partitioning you can delete your current partitions and create a new partition scheme but be sure to leave your home partition if you didn't backup your persona files to an external hard drive or ssd.

1711296366239.png
i have booted in UEFI from Ventoy and trying to install the debian. I have even format my disk with gnome disk manager. Still got this error. Does this mean i have to boot in ventoy in normal mode and then install the debian? thats how i did last time

Members online