Ubuntu dual boot problem

alexborja

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, im currently trying to solve this Linux problem which occurs randomly while using Ubuntu. I tried to solved it using fsck, installing Linux on a brand new ssd and even updating the BIOS but i still got this error. I run windows on my laptop and I access ubuntu from an external ssd.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-28 at 6.06.33 AM.jpeg

Does that happen during the boot process?

If so, does the system eventually boot if you wait?

Does that happen during the boot process?

If so, does the system eventually boot if you wait?
The system boots perfectly but in random moments while im using the os it gives me the error.

Even though the ssd is new, which makes it prima facie likely to be in good condition, there is no guarantee it's so, so it may be useful to check its state with something like:
Code:
smartctl -i /dev/sda

The smartctl command is part of the smartmontools package which you may need to install to get it.

If the problem doesn't happen in MS, then memory is unlikely to be implicated.

it may be useful to check its state

Yup. With it happening randomly and while booted, I'd lean toward it being a hardware issue.

You mention a new SSD but not if it's mounted internally. Even if internal, it could also be some intermittent issue with connecting cable. If external, it could also be an issue with the socket and cable.

Even though the ssd is new, which makes it prima facie likely to be in good condition, there is no guarantee it's so, so it may be useful to check its state with something like:
Code:
smartctl -i /dev/sda

The smartctl command is part of the smartmontools package which you may need to install to get it.

If the problem doesn't happen in MS, then memory is unlikely to be implicated

Yup. With it happening randomly and while booted, I'd lean toward it being a hardware issue.

You mention a new SSD but not if it's mounted internally. Even if internal, it could also be some intermittent issue with connecting cable. If external, it could also be an issue with the socket and cable.
I tried the smartctl command but it tells me that the ssd doest have any problem so I think the problem just could be the cable

Members online