Ubuntu 22.04 audio issue

Can you still share the output of the command @osprey asked you about?
lspci -nnk |grep -A3 -i aud
00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:51cc] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device [103c:8a28]
Kernel driver in use: sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl
Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel, snd_sof_pci_intel_tgl
00:1f.4 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Alder Lake PCH-P SMBus Host Controller [8086:51a3] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device [103c:8a28]

Thanks for the info. It may be useful at this point to upgrade your system and update the kernel to the very latest that you can. There have been some improvements which may be relevant.

The drivers and modules appear to be appropriate. You can check to see if those three particular drivers and modules have actually been loaded by running the command: lsmod, and seeing if they are all there. I would expect them to be.

In a brief search, I wasn't able to get a handle on [103c:8a28].

Thanks for the info. It may be useful at this point to upgrade your system and update the kernel to the very latest that you can. There have been some improvements which may be relevant.

The drivers and modules appear to be appropriate. You can check to see if those three particular drivers and modules have actually been loaded by running the command: lsmod, and seeing if they are all there. I would expect them to be.

In a brief search, I wasn't able to get a handle on [103c:8a28].

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-02-04 17-04-53.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-04 17-04-53.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 64
On the Debian forums someone said it was a bug.
So I would second that trying to install a newer kernel, ie: mainline. And maybe even trying to update the bios/uefi firmware even you are using the latest.

Post #7 in this thread indicates the driver as: sof-hda-dsp. That suggests that the package: firmware-sof-signed ought to be installed. If it's not installed, you should install it and reboot to see if makes a difference.
@ranjitsinhb Did you do this yet? I've seen it mentioned on the Debian forums, as well as the Arch Linux forums.

Hello, I'm encountering an audio issue with my HP Envy laptop 12th Gen Intel® Evo™ Powered by Core™ i5 Processor
running Ubuntu 22.04. I've disabled secure boot, and despite multiple attempts, including re-installs and adjustments in alsa-mixer and pavucontrol, the built-in speakers are not producing sound. Strangely, audio works perfectly with headphones. I'm reaching out for assistance to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Pls were you able to resolve this issue? I am also facing similar issue on my HP HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp0xxx. Both my laptop sound and speaker are bad. Sound has low quality (No bass, and is not that loud) and mic has some noise and people can't hear me properly while on call.
I've tried so many solution and one of them is adjusting alsa-mixer and pavucontrol.
I've also tried to use some of the answer I found on this post, but it still doesnt work

Members online