Ubuntu İnstallation problem

Is this a problem?

Not normally, but sometimes a file is corrupted during download - especially larger files like this.

It's possible to check a file's integrity with Windows but I'm not a Windows user so I don't know how.

The words you'd search for might include 'verify checksum' and maybe something about Windows and .iso files. Then again, they may tell you how to do so at the same page you used to download the .iso file in the first place.

Not normally, but sometimes a file is corrupted during download - especially larger files like this.

It's possible to check a file's integrity with Windows but I'm not a Windows user so I don't know how.

The words you'd search for might include 'verify checksum' and maybe something about Windows and .iso files. Then again, they may tell you how to do so at the same page you used to download the .iso file in the first place.
Bro, could I be making a mistake in the USB printing section?

Bro, could I be making a mistake in the USB printing section?

LOL I'm kind of old to be a 'bro' but you could be.

I'd use BalenaEtcher and wait for it to complete. That's a simple point-and-click. Select the .iso file, select the destination, and write the data to the thumbdrive.

LOL I'm kind of old to be a 'bro' but you could be.

I'd use BalenaEtcher and wait for it to complete. That's a simple point-and-click. Select the .iso file, select the destination, and write the data to the thumbdrive.
I used that program, but when the process is completed, the USB gives an error.

like format usb error

I used that program, but when the process is completed, the USB gives an error.

like format usb error

This is really starting to sound like a hardware issue. Do you have a 2nd USB thumbdrive to try? Do you have optical media as an option (specifically DVDs)?

This is really starting to sound like a hardware issue. Do you have a 2nd USB thumbdrive to try? Do you have optical media as an option (specifically DVDs)?
Yes, this is the second USB I've tried. :)

Why Linux fails to load/install direct to HDD, common reasons
1] Corrupt download [check SHA sum]
2] bad burn to installation medium [try again] [if you used Rufus then try Balena Etcher]
3] Wind 8.2 and higher quick start/fast boot or secure boot not disabled [doesn't normally apply to older versions]
4] defective pen-drive/DVD
5] hardware fault,
5A] If old style HDD run integrity check
5B]if SATA SSD check for hidden partition at the beginning of drive [this will stop Grub from loading] and delete it before re-installing Linux
If M2.NVMe check, your system is NVMe compatible [not all older kit is]

The odds of two reasonably new USB thumb drives failing at the same time are likely to be fairly low.

I wonder if it might be worth trying Ventoy...

Why Linux fails to load/install direct to HDD, common reasons
1] Corrupt download [check SHA sum]
2] bad burn to installation medium [try again] [if you used Rufus then try Balena Etcher]
3] Wind 8.2 and higher quick start/fast boot or secure boot not disabled [doesn't normally apply to older versions]
4] defective pen-drive/DVD
5] hardware fault,
5A] If old style HDD run integrity check
5B]if SATA SSD check for hidden partition at the beginning of drive [this will stop Grub from loading] and delete it before re-installing Linux
If M2.NVMe check, your system is NVMe compatible [not all older kit is]
higher quick start/fast boot or secure boot now disabled

balena etcher When the installation is finished, it gives an error and says format the disk.

The odds of two reasonably new USB thumb drives failing at the same time are likely to be fairly low.

I wonder if it might be worth trying Ventoy...
Both USBs are very new, I even installed Windows 10 yesterday with the other USB.

So should I download it via torrent?
if you have the capability to do so in windows, then yes [I have not used windows in nearly 20 years]

Wait, if you're not familiar with torrents just try making a clean download all over again the same way you did it before. Yeah, it sucks, but delete the existing .iso and replace it with a new one.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts