Today's article is pretty neat...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I haven't done a meta article in a long time.

This is a meta article.

Why? Well, things are going great - but, more importantly, today marks the third anniversary. Yup... I've been at this for three years.

No... No, I never thought it'd turn into this and I never thought it'd last for three years.

I haven't done a meta article in a long time.

This is a meta article.

Why? Well, things are going great - but, more importantly, today marks the third anniversary. Yup... I've been at this for three years.

No... No, I never thought it'd turn into this and I never thought it'd last for three years.
Congratulations on the success you have had on your linux-tips website.:)

Thanks! That's a whole lot of articles. It's almost 600,000 words. It's an article every other day.

By the way, does your site's software have statistics?

I've been meaning to ask that, but I keep forgetting.

By the way, does your site's software have statistics?

I've been meaning to ask that, but I keep forgetting.
I have statistics on my WP Blog. My Wix Blog for the Linux articles I write doesn't.
They are working on it:-

. My Wix Blog for the Linux articles I write doesn't.

That's too bad. I love stats. They help keep me motivated!

I did get 1600 visits in a day, which was nice.

And, yeah, it's easy to add stats to a WordPress instance. "WP Statistics" does a fine job.

As far as I can tell, no single stats provider is 100% accurate. For example, Google Analytics only counts those folks who didn't block the script - which would include a bunch of people who block ads by default. Anyone avoiding ads/tracking simply isn't counted.

The best source of stats is the raw server logs, which you can process yourself. Other than that, if you're using cPanel then AWStats is fairly accurate for visits and visitors. It can get pretty wonky outside of that.

That's too bad. I love stats. They help keep me motivated!

I did get 1600 visits in a day, which was nice.

And, yeah, it's easy to add stats to a WordPress instance. "WP Statistics" does a fine job.

As far as I can tell, no single stats provider is 100% accurate. For example, Google Analytics only counts those folks who didn't block the script - which would include a bunch of people who block ads by default. Anyone avoiding ads/tracking simply isn't counted.

The best source of stats is the raw server logs, which you can process yourself. Other than that, if you're using cPanel then AWStats is fairly accurate for visits and visitors. It can get pretty wonky outside of that.
WP e-mails me frequently on my stats so that's a plus.
I can look at the stats in my dashboard any time that I'd like to and have a look at all of my visitors.

There are set times for things in life and one day David, I'll have my own website with my own domain name.;)

Enjoy the weekend and relax!

Enjoy the weekend and relax!

I do get to relax. My article for this weekend was completed on Thursday! Go me!

I will have to write one on Sunday. Gotta keep up that publication schedule! ;)

Glad you actually get to relax.
Whatever you compose I'm sure will inspire the Linux Community and help others to learn.

I'm debating on the topic of my next article.
Editing a sources list correctly and adding other mirrors OR> installing a new kernel.

I'm debating on the topic of my next article.
Editing a sources list correctly and adding other mirrors OR> installing a new kernel.

Both are helpful articles. So, there's that.

Today's article is a bit advanced but involves a tool called Textract.

Both are helpful articles. So, there's that.

Today's article is a bit advanced but involves a tool called Textract.
Roger that:-

Do you mean the machine learning that extracts text, handwriting and the like?
IF so it works with a boat load of file types, that's great!

Do you mean the machine learning that extracts text, handwriting and the like?

No, it's a nifty Python application - but does require a bunch of dependencies. No AI is involved, really.

It's pretty nifty:

No, it's a nifty Python application - but does require a bunch of dependencies. No AI is involved, really.

It's pretty nifty:

Nifty indeed.
I've never tried Textract, however it does look interesting.
Good article brother!

I'm booted into Slackware right now and it may have 'a lot of dependencies' that I'm not inclined to deal with at the moment.
Textract isnj't in the Slack Builds repo so I'll have to wait until I boot into Devuan or Debian 12.

I can see how this application would help me as I have over 300 plus PDF's that I've been creating in in Libre Office. Plus the hundreds of files I accumulate in one year with vim.

Textract isnj't in the Slack Builds repo so I'll have to wait until I boot into Devuan or Debian 12.

Nah, it won't be. It's a Python package, so installing it with PIP is the way to go. I don't recall if I included Slackware's installation instructions for PIP, so you'll have to look that up if you want to play with it.

I bet it could batch process files with an asterisk, but it'd likely only output everything to a single file. I've not tested that.

Latest posts