Today's article is actually about making Firefox 'your own'...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I'll drop this into 'getting started' as one of the most cited reasons for using Linux is the ability to make it your own, that is to customize it. Well, that includes the ability to customize the applications you're using - such as Firefox.

You can do more than that, as the article touches on, but it's a start.

Feedback is awesome.

There's also a big image in there. I'd love to be able to edit that image so that it looks like the middle section was torn out, leaving just the top and bottom (where the important bits are). Anyone know of a simple image editor that has things like that and maybe some filters? My mind is too feeble to use GIMP. i can barely add a layer and another image.

I was annoyed by the title bar for a long time, until one day I noticed the option down left! Title should be hidden by default

I hate the wasted space/clutter that it adds. I absolutely agree that it should be hidden by default. i want my screen to display stuff I'm actually interested in, not pointless window decorations.

If you have OpenBox and are willing to read a dozen pages or so, you can actually remove them entirely from every application as a default. It was a pain in the butt and wasn't quite visually what I wanted. So, with further reading, I learned you could actually manually set them on a per-application basis - but it's a ton of work and I never bothered following through with it. Finding information was not easy as it's not well documented.

Latest posts