Today's article is about an easy way to deal with frozen applications...

3 keyboards for my Linux computers. Not one of them has SysRq

Do you have a PrtScreen? That's often also SysReq, or Pause Break?

What I was saying is that the caps lock doesn't work on the virtual console for me...

Hmm... It worked for me. Lubuntu 20.04. Normally, I keep that key disabled. I despise the caps lock key, as a general rule!

"
Do you have a PrtScreen? That's often also SysReq, or Pause Break?"

I do, but I'm not sure I want to go randomly trying key combos on a working system.
I might just have to sit tight and pray for a system freeze, then see if one of the keys near PrintScr works in conjunction with Alt or something else . .

Hmm... It worked for me. Lubuntu 20.04. Normally, I keep that key disabled. I despise the caps lock key, as a general rule!
I just tried it again and yeah...in the virtual terminal only the caps lock does not work. I could change my password to only using lowercase letters and numbers, but i have not had any freezing issues after getting to the user space so far...

I guess maybe it's distro by distro. I'm another one who has 6 keyboard, but none with a SysReq key.
In my distro... prntscrn... well... takes a cscreen snapshot.
I do have a pause/break key that does nothing.

"

I do, but I'm not sure I want to go randomly trying key combos on a working system.
I might just have to sit tight and pray for a system freeze, then see if one of the keys near PrintScr works in conjunction with Alt or something else . .

The most it'll do is make you force a restart manually, but the B should do that for you. If it works, you'll know by the time you hit the B key.

Members online