Today's article is a horrible AI-produced bunch of mundanity...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I like the idea of AI. I've been able to make AI useful for a couple of articles. This time? Well, I'll let you be the judge.

The prompt I used was telling the AI to write an article for Linux-Tips.us and that it should be optimized for Google. Well, this is what it spit out:

It's not a great article - but that was the only prompt I gave it and I stuck with the first result. I would say it's better than it would have been until the recent past, but it still has a long way to go. Probably... I mean, I won't know until I see how Google reacts to the article. That could take a while.

Would've been great if the AI could've put links supporting all the tips it gave, but overall, not bad :)

Last edited:
The AI included zero links, just text.

Which is kind of amusing 'cause search engines expect some links. I include enough in the conclusion to meet the minimum requirements, but the AI included none of them.

Which is kind of amusing 'cause search engines expect some links. I include enough in the conclusion to meet the minimum requirements, but the AI included none of them.
You need to breakout the bullwhip on that AI and tell it to get its Azz in gear lol

If I understand, some like ChatGPT, are neural networks that use "weighted" answers from multiple sources.
I suppose it would be difficult a post all those links. Besides, if the idea is for us eventually "trust" that AI
really is smarter than the rest of us... why would it give you all my sources ( secrets ).

I did read the LinuxTips article, it was a little vague, generic, and missed a few obvious ones.
I kind of view AI a little bit like 'Bubba". The friend we all have who isn't really an expert, but he generally
knows enough to get the job done, and is definitely better than nothing.

If I don't know anything about a certain subject, I might use AI to give me some help.
If I feel like I'm pretty proficient in a subject, I rarely use AI to help me. I have looked a few times
a specific subjects, and while they aren't usually bad, I definitely wouldn't give the answer a 9 or 10.

So that leaves subjects in the middle, I know enough to be dangerous, but I'm not an expert.
So do I take the gamble on the solution AI gives me or not?

PS - I have found over time, sometimes the answers to the same questions change. so I guess it's always learning, or attempting to.

I suppose it would be difficult a post all those links. Besides, if the idea is for us eventually "trust" that AI
really is smarter than the rest of us... why would it give you all my sources ( secrets ).
One good reason would be to give the reader the ability to complete the tasks that AI has given in the article. Like let's say, what a human would actually do. Isn't that one of the goals of AI, to appear as human as possible with its answers?

One good reason would be to give the reader the ability to complete the tasks that AI has given in the article. Like let's say, what a human would actually do. Isn't that one of the goals of AI, to appear as human as possible with its answers?

I think AI does a relatively good job of conversing as a real human.
But if I'm trying to be the central authority on all knowledge, wouldn't giving you the source
of that knowledge defeat the purpose? If you want external links, use a search engine.

If you want external links, use a search engine
I'm playing devils advocate here. If I serched " A Comprehensive Guide for Optimizing Your System" and this article came up. I'd certainly be expecting links to help me get the job done. I can't think of one time I've searched on how to get something done with regards to linux, and it didn't at the very least have external links, let alone code written right into the article.

I guess...
wouldn't giving you the source
of that knowledge defeat the purpose?
why would it give you all my sources ( secrets ).
Speaks more about the writer than the article itself?

But if I'm trying to be the central authority on all knowledge, wouldn't giving you the source

As someone who has spoken as an authority, I've always sourced my material - at least academically.

(With this Linux stuff, I'm definitely not an authority - just a hobbyist and layperson.)

Maybe different prompts would make the AI spit out sources? I've never thought to try.

Maybe different prompts would make the AI spit out sources? I've never thought to try.
Next time yeah? Same input as before, "with supporting links", or something like that.
I'd be interested just to see if it would do it, or as dos2unix more or less hinted at it's "God Complex" for lack of a better word would refuse to do so lol ;)

We shall see... The next time I try an article for that, I'll try it.

It actually takes me about the same amount of time to make an AI article as it does to just type one out. I have found it useful for describing a thing in a few paragraphs. It did well with that.

Members online

Latest posts