Today's article has you messing around with nmon...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
You might not have heard of nmon, but it's pretty neat and pretty handy. It's so handy that I'm not really sure where to put this article. It's a terminal thing, so I guess I'll put it in this sub-forum.

It might seem a bit confusing at first, but it's really not. It's actually easy to use and I show you a way to get started quickly.

Very neat monitor. Thanks. To run it in a single terminal, it's possible to just toggle h (help) on and off to show the keys that enable the various outputs.

Very neat monitor. Thanks. To run it in a single terminal, it's possible to just toggle h (help) on and off to show the keys that enable the various outputs.

Yup. I mention that. Well, I mention the ? which is the same thing.

I figure most folks will find the dual screen method a good way to get started. I don't really know - but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

And, yup. It's a great monitoring tool. It's not spoken of often, so I figured I'd write an article. I'm still in the process of doing a 'clean install', adding applications that I'd normally think of as default but really aren't defaults but seem that way because I always just restore from a backup.

Another great article and a very handy tool.
m1212.gif

Another great article and a very handy tool.
m1212.gif

Glad ya liked it. It is indeed handy. I'm surprised that it's not more well known, as it's fairly easy to use once you get used to it.

Members online