Timeshift & Similar Solutions - Safeguard & Recover Your Linux

Granny Sue

Here you go, Kokomo! (Caffeine, ya gotta love it!) No axes for you, y ou are my Linux friend and mentor!!

Screenshot at 2020-02-25 10-06-49.png

Last edited by a moderator:

70 Tango Charlie

Wiz, I'm not seeing a blow-by-blow of how to restore with Timeshift. I'd still new to Linux, and got pretty lost when I started reading this thread from the beginning, so it could be I just missed it. At any rate, I'm still lost.

Also, I have another question - I recently started doing some blog writing on this computer and have all the originals (only 6 so far) stored on this computer. Do I need to back these up somewhere else? I don't want to lose them, of course.
@Granny Sue
Hello Granny,
Hope I am not intruding too much here, but I just could not resist.
I also do a little writing.
I found out years ago that no matter where else I might save things, I got in the habit of copying the articles on to a flash drive which I had dedicated to nothing but my written material.
I use a 32 gig flash drive that holds lots of written stuff, which I have labeled 'My Writings' using printing labels wrapped around the flash drive.
Hope this is of some help, fellow writer.
Old Geezer
TC

Granny Sue

@Granny Sue
Hello Granny,
Hope I am not intruding too much here, but I just could not resist.
I also do a little writing.
I found out years ago that no matter where else I might save things, I got in the habit of copying the articles on to a flash drive which I had dedicated to nothing but my written material.
I use a 32 gig flash drive that holds lots of written stuff, which I have labeled 'My Writings' using printing labels wrapped around the flash drive.
Hope this is of some help, fellow writer.
Old Geezer
TC
Thanks, TC (I can never call you "Old Geezer," that is just WAY too rude. :) ) That's a great suggestion. I have a couple of tiny SD cards (1 gig) that I can back them up on for now. I'll have to invest in a bigger flash drive.

Granny Sue

Members online

Latest posts