The best linux Distro for a Intel Celeron n3050?

richie6171

Reaction score
Credits
Does anyone know the best Linux distro For a intel(r) celeron(r) n3050 1.60ghz 64bit processor. I have a acer es1 531 and im Looking for the best linux distro for it. I have 4gb of ram and Intel Braswell 400 Graphics

Hello richie6171,

Welcome to Linux.org.

A good read.

Here's a way to test drive most Linux distros although written for Linux Mint it can be used for other Linux distros also.

Read as many times as needed to understand as this is all new ground for you.

All of these are a good place to start learning Linux while using Linux for the computer specs you've posted.

Have a look at these.

Peppermint 10

Linux Lite

Linux Mint

Linux Mint 19,1 Xfce

Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce

Peppermint 10
Had a squizz at this distro and its DE and liked the DE so I downloaded the ISO and will have a look at it and see whether it is for me or not.

Hello richie6171,

Welcome to Linux.org.

A good read.

Here's a way to test drive most Linux distros although written for Linux Mint it can be used for other Linux distros also.

Read as many times as needed to understand as this is all new ground for you.

All of these are a good place to start learning Linux while using Linux for the computer specs you've posted.

Have a look at these.

Peppermint 10

Linux Lite

Linux Mint

Linux Mint 19,1 Xfce

Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce

Thank you im using elementary os right now and its running abit slow so ill try those distros out

how long have you had elementary installed ...?....if the slowness is unusual and recent...it may be a browser issue.

Was it slow as soon as you installed....or has it slowed down since then.....or since you enabled Firefox

have you tried another distro ?

im using elementary os right now and its running abit slow
Can't seem to find any system requirements for elementary OS and it may require more than that Celeron n3050 (1.60 GHz) processor is capable of.

While we don't have a strict set of minimum system requirements, we recommend at least the following specifications for the best experience:
  • Recent Intel i3 or comparable dual-core 64-bit processor.
  • 4 GB of system memory (RAM)
  • Solid state drive (SSD) with 15 GB of free space.
  • Internet access.
  • 1024×768 display.

Yeah I saw the same so based on that it sounds as though elementary OS may be resource heavy and require a somewhat powerful processor.

Yeah Core i3 processors are excellent and can produce enough horsepower so to speak for resource heavy OSs.

I have a couple of them and they've taken everything I've thrown at them without any problems.

im still trying to find the perfect linux distro
For intelr celeron n3050 with intelr braswell 400 hd graphics

Last edited:
I find this topic a bit light on detail

have you tried any of the suggestions made to you ?

If so which ones ?

What was the problem (if any) with each of the ones you tried ?

You use the word 'perfect'....what the hell does that mean ?

I find this topic a bit light on detail

have you tried any of the suggestions made to you ?

If so which ones ?

What was the problem (if any) with each of the ones you tried ?

You use the word 'perfect'....what the hell does that mean ?
are they any there that use uefi and are like linux lite and perfect as in can run youtube vids and browse web and dont lag

Any lagging you may experience may have as much to do with your internet connection as anything else.
If you have tried Linux Lite, what was the problem with it ?.....did it run ok ?

Any lagging you may experience may have as much to do with your internet connection as anything else.
If you have tried Linux Lite, what was the problem with it ?.....did it run ok ?
My internet is good but i want linux lite with uefi secure boot but it not supported

You do not need secure boot. In the world of Linux that is totally unnecessary.

Microsoft Secure Boot is a component of Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system that relies on the UEFI specification's secure boot functionality to help prevent malicious software applications and "unauthorized" operating systems from loading during the system start-up process.

Some Linux distros will boot with secure boot enabled.....in particular some of the Ubuntu distros.......but the vast majority need secure boot to be disabled and they suffer no nasty consequences as a result of that.

The vast majority of Software on any Linux system is downloaded from the Repository, via Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager....... so ALL software from those sources is guaranteed Malwatre free.

The only time you run any risk at all is if you download some software direct from the internet.
The Repositories at software manager and synaptic package manager contain THOUSANDS of items of all sorts of software.....there are also ppa packages available from various sources eg alternativeto has thousands and thousands of apps with opinions and likes etc etc etc.....you are relatively safe downloading from there. I have used that site for moe than five years with no problems at all. Other people at linux .org also use it extensively.

before I forget.....after you have installed Linux Lite.....ENABLE YOUR FIREWALL

• To enable the ufw firewall, open a new Terminal window and execute the following command: sudo ufw enable.
  • ((when asked for your password, type it in....nothing will show....this IS normal

• To disable the ufw firewall, open a new Terminal windows and execute the following command: sudo ufw disable.
To CHECK if the ufw (uncomplicated firewall) is active..... copy and paste the following in...or you can just copy and paste it....

sudo ufw status
[sudo] password for linuxconfig:

You will be told it is either ACTIVE or NOT ACTIVE

Once your firewall is Active.....LEAVE IT ALONE....it will automatically turn on each time you reboot or restart etc etc

You can go forward with confidence.

I will tell you later about Timeshift. It is similar to system restore in windows.......with one major difference....it actually works.....beautifully.

You do not need secure boot. In the world of Linux that is totally unnecessary.

Microsoft Secure Boot is a component of Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system that relies on the UEFI specification's secure boot functionality to help prevent malicious software applications and "unauthorized" operating systems from loading during the system start-up process.

Some Linux distros will boot with secure boot enabled.....in particular some of the Ubuntu distros.......but the vast majority need secure boot to be disabled and they suffer no nasty consequences as a result of that.

The vast majority of Software on any Linux system is downloaded from the Repository, via Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager....... so ALL software from those sources is guaranteed Malwatre free.

The only time you run any risk at all is if you download some software direct from the internet.
The Repositories at software manager and synaptic package manager contain THOUSANDS of items of all sorts of software.....there are also ppa packages available from various sources eg alternativeto has thousands and thousands of apps with opinions and likes etc etc etc.....you are relatively safe downloading from there. I have used that site for moe than five years with no problems at all. Other people at linux .org also use it extensively.

before I forget.....after you have installed Linux Lite.....ENABLE YOUR FIREWALL

• To enable the ufw firewall, open a new Terminal window and execute the following command: sudo ufw enable.
  • ((when asked for your password, type it in....nothing will show....this IS normal

• To disable the ufw firewall, open a new Terminal windows and execute the following command: sudo ufw disable.
To CHECK if the ufw (uncomplicated firewall) is active..... copy and paste the following in...or you can just copy and paste it....

sudo ufw status
[sudo] password for linuxconfig:

You will be told it is either ACTIVE or NOT ACTIVE

Once your firewall is Active.....LEAVE IT ALONE....it will automatically turn on each time you reboot or restart etc etc

You can go forward with confidence.

I will tell you later about Timeshift. It is similar to system restore in windows.......with one major difference....it actually works.....beautifully.
is there anyway i can boot linux lite with uefi but not secure boot

is there anyway i can boot linux lite with uefi but not secure boot
When you enter your UEFI it normal gives a list of the HD's and any USB stick that is plug in.
Just click on the device you want to boot from and it boots up.
I do it on my brain box as I have one HD with Mint on it and one with Win 7 on and that is all I do to boot up either OS.

i
When you enter your UEFI it normal gives a list of the HD's and any USB stick that is plug in.
Just click on the device you want to boot from and it boots up.
I do it on my brain box as I have one HD with Mint on it and one with Win 7 on and that is all I do to boot up either OS.
i want to do a complete install with linux lite with uefi not sercure boot tho
I want it to be my full blown system i use everyday

i want to do a complete install with linux lite with uefi not sercure boot tho
You just turn off the secure boot in your EUFI settings and install Linux lite.
I have it turned off on my EUFI settings. I run Linux mint at the moment. No problems with it at all.

Members online

Latest posts