Smilies

Do you type smilies on the keyboard or select them from the menu?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MikeRocor

Reaction score
Credits
I'm just curious as to who here in the forum uses the old time emoticons directly from the keyboard and who selects smilies from the menu. These four, I typed at the keyboard just to see if they all show up as graphical smilies:
:)
:(
;)
:}

This was supposed to show up as a "poll", with possible answers being "keyboard", "menu", "both" or "neither" but apparently I did something wrong. :(

I seldom use them, so I just use the menu.

:D

I do know that you can do them with the keyboard, but I use that so seldom that I'm never quite sure.

:p

I suppose I could also form a frowning face. :(

That should work.

This was supposed to show up as a "poll", with possible answers being "keyboard", "menu", "both" or "neither" but apparently I did something wrong. :(

You appear to have it right now, Mike. :)

These four, I typed at the keyboard just to see if they all show up as graphical smilies:

Top 3 worked, 4th didn't.

Wiz

You appear to have it right now, Mike. :)

Top 3 worked, 4th didn't.

Wiz
I had gone back and edited the poll to get it right and though I had fixed the description, too.

I don't really mind if the 2-character smilies don't translate to graphical smilies - in fact, I used to always "turn off graphical smilies" on systems (including phones) that had that option. Call me "old school" but I always felt that text should be... you know... text. Of course, that precludes many of the truly ingenious ones and all of the moving ones.

My favorite faces from the old times are χD and -.-

I use the Greek χ in order not to replace it with modern emoticon. I like the ASCII style, I rarely use them anyway

Staff online

Members online