Red Hat Source Code

reonized

Reaction score
Credits
Very Opinion-Based Post!
Red Hat, in my opinion, went from a nice freeware company with both enterprise and desktop options, but now I heard they made source PAID?! Okay, first of all, I get at least their making it open-source (kinda) but really? They definitely know someday they'll get their source leaked publicly and it will go under their nose, but if so, why not just make it free, so that becomes futile? If any of my arguments are wrong, correct me please, thanks.

If any of my arguments are wrong, correct me please, thanks.

There's no reason to 'leak source code' (generally speaking) because you can get access to the source by signing up for the developer program. It's a bit more of a pain in the butt, but you can still access the source.

(This is not me supporting the decisions made by Red Hat.)

There's no reason to 'leak source code' (generally speaking) because you can get access to the source by signing up for the developer program. It's a bit more of a pain in the butt, but you can still access the source.

(This is not me supporting the decisions made by Red Hat.)
ahh thanks! I didnt really understand (I thought they were locking source behind a paywall.)

I didnt really understand...

Exactly, so better to not make inflammatory accusations that can attract the wrong attention.

I am changing the thread title and moving it to Red Hat and derivatives.

It does not belong in Getting Started.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz