Problem with wifi and bluetooth

Prd

Reaction score
Credits
Hello
I recently installed Ubuntu 22.04
I started having wifi and bluetooth problems right away.
My network card is mt7921
I've seen several conversations on the internet about problems with this card.
I've tried several solutions, but nothing seems to work.
Can someone help me?
Attached below is the result of inxi -N
PS: I'm very new to Ubuntu.
1710867018494.png

It may also be helpful to tell that i tried a lot of kernel versions

the problem [if your lucky] may be with the Realtek try inxi -Nn and see if it gives more information

I realize we love to solve problems but sometimes a simple solution is the best. If the NIC is not working right for you then get another one that does work and use it. Problem solved without issue.

If this is a laptop you can replace the WIFI if you are technical enough to go in and do it. Or you can purchase a wifi USB and use it. same for bluetooth. May not be the elegant solution but it is the cheapest and easiest one.

Try the solution in this topic.
Check the bios. I had the same problem on a HP elitebook G655 , and i solved it by disable an bios option ' preboot wifi'
its used for 'wake-on-wlan'

And also try the solution in this topic.
I am not on linux but I spent hours on this problem on a brand new Asus gaming laptop and I wish I could credit the original poster but it was a video that led me to this solution:

Hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds and it resets your bluetooth and wifi then restart. Completely fixed the issue for me.

Don'tcha hate when it turns out to be so easy?

I realize we love to solve problems but sometimes a simple solution is the best. If the NIC is not working right for you then get another one that does work and use it. Problem solved without issue.

If this is a laptop you can replace the WIFI if you are technical enough to go in and do it. Or you can purchase a wifi USB and use it. same for bluetooth. May not be the elegant solution but it is the cheapest and easiest one.

yes, this is a laptop. I had already seen this recommendation in another post. I'd like to try to resolve this but thanks for the answer and that's what I'll do if I can't resolve it

And also try the solution in this topic.
hello
I had already tried the tactic of pressing the button for 60 seconds and it didn't work.
The other definition of preboot wifi I can't find in the bios, it seems to be specific to HP

I hate Media tek. Their products often cause problems on Linux.

OK so i have now checked the Linux compatibility driver list for this item. it states there is not currently,a driver for this product that is known to work. [on any make of machine or distribution] so it looks like change the card or use usb wi-fi adaptor

I'm not sure but I believe so because when one doesn't work the other doesn't either

Yeah, those are known to be problematic in Linux. OEMs don't release drivers. My guess is that the drivers that do sort of work don't allow for radio cross-talk or that one signal can overpower another signal.

hello
I had already tried the tactic of pressing the button for 60 seconds and it didn't work.
The other definition of preboot wifi I can't find in the bios, it seems to be specific to HP
And the bios option as mentioned in post #6?

Hello
after trying a huge amount of things
It seems like it kind of worked.
but it only works sometimes
When I cold boot it works (sometimes), however when I reboot the problem continues.
I will put two prints of the result of inxi -Nn in both cases?
Can you understand why this happens?
1710881615530.png
1710881627816.png

It may also be helpful to tell that i tried a lot of kernel versions

The driver will also need the mediatek firmware installed. If you haven't installed it, perhaps check it at:
packages.ubuntu.com, and install it, then reboot.

when you are connected to Wifi the Ethernet will go down

also check if you have firmware-misc-nonfree installed that has Mediatek firmware in it
I don't think ubuntu has that package. It's a debian package. Ubuntu has differently named firmware packages that can be checked here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/

In any case the OP can check to see if he has mediatek firmware by looking at the directory:
/lib/firmware/mediatek, to see if it's populated with about 50 files (including those files in the directories within that mediatek directory).

Members online

Latest posts