No installed OS. Help Please.

NoLinuxNow

Reaction score
Credits
Last night I had three working OS on my desktop. They were Cinnamon, Ubuntu, and Zorin and all worked just fine. I have a 1 TB and 500 GB solid state drives installed. I decided to alter my partitions and reformat them. LOL those were very stupid decisions. No installed OS and messed up hard drives now. I have all the before mentioned OS on USB's. I used them to install the OS before. Now they can not install the OS because no root can be found on the drives. Any advice as to how to fix my stupid mistakes?

Oops. I hope you haven't lost anything important., you should still be able to live boot from a USB installation medium in the normal way, then using this reformat and partition your drive and start again, if you can't then check the bios settings, even with a broken or no HDD live should boot

G'day NoLinuxNow, Welcome to Linux.org

Is there any chance you had any type of backup ?...Timeshift snapshot?

New installation works now. I deleted everything on the smaller drive and was able to reinstall cinnamon on it. Anyone know the name of any good recovery software I can use on the other drive? Thanks.

Rather than duplicate work, folks swear by this method:

I don't need to recover data and haven't needed to for the many years I've used Linux. 'Snot because I use Linux, it's because of how I store, move, and backup data.

Members online