New to linux but i have building pc's for 25 years or so

Reaction score
Credits
i started on ms dos 6.2 lol
Screenshot from 2023-08-31 05-58-26.png

now i custom made a neat os by taking a well known repo and modifying the hell out of it

Edit, MAJOR EDIT:
just the next day i decided to RTFM so now i can use archiso...........

there, now pls test my os bahahahah

i want help spreading this build and i want to make an iso installer out of it, it is a gaming os that CAN be used just fine for a daily driver unlike steamdeck os
and no just copying the dot files is not good enough
the problem with linux is its complicated asf for a NOOBLET, i know how to google so i was fins but i want easte of use to be number one priority
thus it is arch and gnome completely installed for you with tweaks and extensions
i have added the tiling manager from pop os called pop-shell (this is an Arch build BTW, nyahahaha)
the icing on the cake besides all my personal extensions and choice of neofetch over fastfetch make this awesome, oh and it has steamos available at login as a session and everything works including all of gamescope except tdp and brightness, performance works on all 4 levels

this is nasty fast and i have debloated the base (garuda os gnome version)
i want to fork it and copy all my packages and tweaks and make a fork of it called chimruda as an installer, i already have a github and do not mind paying for and designing a websit to host it
im so in love with linux i will keep this up to date forever, and anyone with the skill to edit scripts and know what they are doing may join project Chimruda!

Last edited:

the problem with linux is its complicated asf for a nooblet,
Like you, I've been building PC's for roughly two decades myself. Switching wasn't a problem for me, and its NOT complicated AF, providing a new users follows the advice of the influencers and uses the recommended beginner distros.

As for how to do things in it - 99% of all sources give you a step by step process, and if you can put together an IKEA closet, you can do some commands in the terminal, unless someone is a drooler that can barely differentiate between the left and right mouse buttons, they have really no excuses for why they can't do something... other than sloth!

kde sure is complicated, oh and try to install arch by following wiki and not using archinstall, so yes its complicated but im an advanced user thats used to tweaking windows registry to has my with the os, same here but its config files and a computer language that makes sense

if you follow my advice for a build you will see how clean beautiful and functional it is both for business and gaming use

please just try it on a spare drive or something
so are you just being toxic and refuse to help
or are YOU not experienced enough to answer
if so why harass me?

Like you, I've been building PC's for roughly two decades myself. Switching wasn't a problem for me, and its NOT complicated AF, providing a new users follows the advice of the influencers and uses the recommended beginner distros.

As for how to do things in it - 99% of all sources give you a step by step process, and if you can put together an IKEA closet, you can do some commands in the terminal, unless someone is a drooler that can barely differentiate between the left and right mouse buttons, they have really no excuses for why they can't do something... other than sloth!
i mean all you did was chew my ass for not understanding
so you are THE epitome of an asshole toxic user in the arch community and would be better off never answering forums

also you didnt even read the post, i said it was complicated for a noob, man you sure are as hell rude to strangers

Oh no, it is not directed to you at all, I was speaking generally.

And its not complicated for a noob, it all depends on how difficult one chooses to make it for him/herself.

If someone were to build a distro from the ground up when that person has never even seen Linux before, of course he/she will crash and burn.

But if one were to choose an AIO distro with an installer that does everything on its own, then the process is childishly easy, and even less restrictive than installing windows for example. Hell, you don't even need to go looking for drivers, its all baked into the Kernel!

thats my point for making this distro, ease of use
and thanks for clarifying, i felt like you were chewing me out lol
i want the world of gamers to have it, its better than steam os, non immutable, and on top of that snapshots by default, and gnome which is MUCH more touch friendly and this includes a gestures app
it is a FULL desktop experience and with memory saver on in chrome im sitting at about 4gb of ram in desktop, i got 32

i have building pc's for 25 years or so​

Like you, I've been building PC's for roughly two decades myself.
Welcome Newbies.......
GuksxMydCVPtOBFhKrhX.gif
GuksxMydCVPtOBFhKrhX.gif

And what makes you think that, If you must know I have been chopping, changing ,upgrading, repairing &, and building my own [and occasionally for friends] boxes since the days of the IBM compatible [286] that's around 1983

it was the plethora of info below each post......... a little much but i guess you like helping,
now if you are good enough to help me can you please

And what makes you think that, If you must know I have been chopping, changing ,upgrading, repairing &, and building my own [and occasionally for friends] boxes since the days of the IBM compatible [286] that's around 1983
i was born in 81 and started at 12 years old, man you truly are a linux greybeard arent ya, i mean even i got a grey beard at 42 due to life being a bitch, oh and windows for like 24 years

hey man, you member bbs and dial up, well i do, and we had to walk both ways over a phone line with slow speeds each way just to get internet!

56k modem meant you were a king lmao

hey man, you member bbs and dial up, well i do, and we had to walk both ways over a phone line with slow speeds each way just to get internet!
My first modem was 3kbs, then I jumped to 14.5kbs then I got a 56k,[ first hackable modem] so I hacked it to kick out just under 94K
at my age I now only maintain mine and the families boxes and lappies

9600 baud my first, 9.6k

can you halp me package my os into an iso, i dont understand arch iso

I am and always have been a Hardware man, I could never get into programming, I just found it a bore.

Latest posts