New Linux.org Feature: Credits

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys,

I've just added a credit system on the site. We'll soon enable uses for the credits like raffles, contests, etc..

If you notice, you can see how many credits you have by looking under your name in any of your posts.

How do you earn credits?
  • Post new thread: 10 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Post a reply on a thread: 5 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Like a post: 1 credit
As always, thanks for being a part of Linux.org - see ya on the boards!

Sounds like fun to me! Maybe it will inspire me to check in more often, I don't seem to be very consistent with that....

yes but any idea how many you need before you can cash in for air tickets to Ibiza ?
Aww, Cp'n, now why'd you have to go tell me about Ibiza? I was quite content in my ignorance about the little placed and now I want to go and snorkel..... Sad is me.

well at least you now have 5 more credits to your name, lets see mine was 1887 and now should be 1892 if i read it properly. I don't even know why i mentioned Ibiza when i have a flight (corvid 19 permitting ) to July 2020 Africa when as i land I will shout :

Ehefa na me nya Gulder !

20 Million people speak this language , but Google translate can't handle it !
can you guess where i'm going ?

well at least you now have 5 more credits to your name, lets see mine was 1887 and now should be 1892 if i read it properly. I don't even know why i mentioned Ibiza when i have a flight (corvid 19 permitting ) to July 2020 Africa when as i land I will shout :

Ehefa na me nya Gulder !

20 Million people speak this language , but Google translate can't handle it !
can you guess where i'm going ?
I should be able to, but, sadly, my brain is too sleepy to do any real work right now.

Akan or Twi?

Wiz

Hah! Looks like "Gaelic". But I don't think 20 million people speak Gaelic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully you will clue us all in in the not too distant future :)
Maidin mhaith, bheadh an Ghàidhlig éasca agus mar sin féin níl ach timpeall 6 mhilliún in éirinn

But meanwhile, folks - back on-topic with Rob's announcement? And yes, I am guilty too. :oops:

Avagudweegend

Wiz

When will we be able to spend our credits? Would it be possible to announce the raffles, contests, etc ahead of time that way we can choose what to save our credits for as in to see what the possible winning prizes are before spending our credits.

+1 -- since am going off my ISP until after the election (did so in 2016, also, due to hacking almost everywhere I went).

Any news in that department, @Rob ?

Members online