New Hardware

VP9KS

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a Raspberry Pi. I haven't received it yet, but I plan to use Slackware. Having no experience with arm processors, it should be a hoot. I will try to document my journey in this thread. Film at eleven.:rolleyes:

Happy Trails
Paul

HuMJohn

Hey Paul, I have three Pi's here, a 3b, a 3b+ and a Pi 4. Right now the Pi 4 is my local NAS for my LAN, and the two Pi 3b's are just sitting around, just to tinker with, now and then.
FWIW: I had Slackware Current and Slackware Stable running on these things. You should get a kick on setting your Pi up and then running it.

VP9KS

Hey Paul, I have three Pi's here, a 3b, a 3b+ and a Pi 4. Right now the Pi 4 is my local NAS for my LAN, and the two Pi 3b's are just sitting around, just to tinker with, now and then.
FWIW: I had Slackware Current and Slackware Stable running on these things. You should get a kick on setting your Pi up and then running it.
How much ram is in your pi 4? I ordered the 4gb version.

HuMJohn

My Pi 4 is one of the very first units, I ordered a 2 Gig RAM unit, because there were no 4 Gig available. Still, more RAM than I needed, just for a NAS unit. But you never can have too much RAM :)

Members online