More Linux Users Very Soon.

bob466

Reaction score
Credits
I didn't think I'd see the day when a windoze guy suggests people switch to Linux.

There are so many reasons why Linux is so much better...the above is one of the best...Linux Forever.
m1212.gif

Those computers are ancient. They didn't run Windows well as it stands. They'll just stick with 10 for as long as they can, is my guess.

The guy said 8th Gen CPUs 2017 or older...m$ up to the usual tricks...anyway doesn't affect us.
m1213.gif

Will it increase the uptake of people using Linux, It may but I don't think it will make a huge difference, its a matter of attitude,

1] I want newer bigger faster!
2] If its free, It cant be any good [nobody gives away anything that works]!
3] What is Linux, I have never heard of it!
4] Linux oh that's just for Geeks and Hackers!

Some will suffer as long as possible with their Win10 machines. But, I see the majority of people stuck in their ways just running out and buying a new PC. I don't get it. But the "I have to have the latest and greatest" mentality has all but taken over our society.

Which, should flood the market with a lot of good cheap hardware to turn into Linux machines ;)

The guy said 8th Gen CPUs 2017 or older...m$ up to the usual tricks...anyway doesn't affect us.
m1213.gif

LTT places the date about a decade earlier.

Not that I don't want more Linux users, it just never really happens when MSFT does something new. We have had some growth lately, which is nice. Some reports are up to 4%. Though those numbers included the holidays, which is when we typically have a spike as people have free time and experiment. Dunno how many of them will stick around.

If my memory is good (it's never is), VirtualBox latest edition has option to bypass hardware limitation.
So Windows users please do come !

Don't judge me, but I still keep one Windows tower around... Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit. I put a new power supply in it six or seven years ago. :)

Multiple former "Windows 10" machines currently running Linux.

Don't judge me, but I still keep one Windows tower around... Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit. I put a new power supply in it six or seven years ago. :)

Multiple former "Windows 10" machines currently running Linux.
If they still supported Win 7, I might not ever have switched to Linux.

What will most likely happen is all those people griping will accept the force feeding and buy a new computer.

If they still supported Win 7, I might not ever have switched to Linux.
Put a Win 7 computer online is cyber suicide.
I have a Linux machine running 3 Windows VM.
A Canon scanner 5600F made me do it (well, excuse to go to the dark side).
It's not overly expensive but I feel more guilty throwing it away. Yes, it still run under XP.

I suppose it was silly of me to think windoze users would want freedom and not to be told what to do.
animated-smileys-character-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.lTsaCMRdhU.gif

There are those who regardless of how much crap is put on them...they are too scared to try something new and so much better...such a shame.
m0137.gif

Last edited:
Put a Win 7 computer online is cyber suicide.
Yes, that's what I keep hearing. Plus, it was a lot of work to get it installed again. And then there were the drivers...

I never finished it. I kept putting up with the Giant until I couldn't anymore.

Last edited:
While many Windows users will simply buy a newer machine and stick to windows, A few my seek other OS's but most will not. They will give us many cheap used machine that will run well for years on Linux though. So keep your eyes open in the next few years for good stuff. Maybe even free :)

I didn't think I'd see the day when a windoze guy suggests people switch to Linux.

There are so many reasons why Linux is so much better...the above is one of the best...Linux Forever.
m1212.gif
Redheat and his clones does this too :( . Since redheat 9 .

Redheat and his clones does this too :( . Since redheat 9 .
Redhat's customers are mainly big companies, the average company doesn't use hardware that is 15+ years old and if they do it will be running some old application that doesn't get anymore updates an it will be in an isolated network with no internet access and limited network access.

Redhat's customers are mainly big companies, the average company doesn't use hardware that is 15+ years old and if they do it will be running some old application that doesn't get anymore updates an it will be in an isolated network with no internet access and limited network access.
Yes you are right but, some normal users use the clones for example rockylinux. Because you have a long support time and a stable system. One of the great advantages of Linux was that it also runs well on old hardware. Unfortunately, this is currently changing, which I regret.

Staff online

Latest posts