Monthly News – September 2022 SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 BY CLEM·87 COMMENTS........Linux Mint 21.1(Vera) Coming pre Christmas.

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

I do want to try Mint 21.1 and next year (April) I'll have to say goodbye to my wonderful and rock solid Mint Cinnamon 19.1.
m1506.gif

The next version of Linux Mint is planned for Christmas this year.

The codename for Linux Mint 21.1 is “Vera”.

If it's any consolation, Bob - between Mints, 'buntus, and buntu-based distros, I will have at least 10 to retire next April :). Some of them have become like old friends.

One thing I do with "retirees - EOL" is to save their bash histories (eg /home/chris/.bash_history) for easy reference to troubleshooting commands and so on. Also if there are good wallpapers, I save them.

A brief derailment, Brian, oops.

Avagudweegend, all

I have a wallpaper folder that I copy to the new install...also have all my software written down to install too.
m0115.gif

They say that Linux Mint 21.1 automatically recognises Printers and Scanners and installs them...which will be a first...can't wait to see if this is true.
m1204.gif

It did for me....HP Envy 6034

There are a lot of 'small' updates coming out lately (not related to printers)....lots and lots of them.

They are getting ready for 21.1

If I run ....

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

....it tells me there are a 3 uopdates held back.....this has been the case for a week or more now...

when I run ..... apt list --upgradable ...it tells me

brian@brian-desktop:~$ apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
grub-efi-amd64-bin/jammy-updates 2.06-2ubuntu10 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.06-2ubuntu7]
grub-efi-amd64-signed/jammy-updates 1.182~22.04.1+2.06-2ubuntu10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.180+2.06-2ubuntu7]
grub-efi-amd64/jammy-updates 2.06-2ubuntu10 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.06-2ubuntu7]
brian@brian-desktop:~$

probably getting the rest of the ducks in a row, before releasing anything to do with grub

Last edited:
It did for me....HP Envy 6034

There are a lot of 'small' updates coming out lately (not related to printers)....lots and lots of them.

They are getting ready for 21.1

My printer died...so I'm getting a new one soon...we all know what it was like to install a printer and scanner over the last few years
t9410.gif
of cause I'm not blaming Linux...it must be a joy to auto-detect and install in one go.
m1211.gif

I'm going to install Mint Cinnamon 21.1 on my spare 500GB SSD that has Mint 20.1 on it now...should be good.
m0655.gif

....it tells me there are a 3 uopdates held back.....this has been the case for a week or more now...

Hmm... Could you run "apt-mark showhold" for me?

brian@brian-desktop:~$ apt-mark showhold
brian@brian-desktop:~$

no result.

no result.

Thanks. I was trying to make sense of why it was holding back content without your say-so. I figured I'd pull at a thread and see what happened. Alas, nothing happened. You may now resume your normal computing! :D

Staff online