Solved MOBO_HDD Cable Connection on Motherboard and GPU installation, Radeon card using NVIDIA Drivers

Solved issue
If those old files are important... critically important... I would really suggest you make a 2nd copy on a different drive. "Can't live without them" files deserve a 3rd backup copy on yet another different drive. That's how I see it, anyway. ;)

If it's not a huge amount of data, you might copy them back from your USB into your new Linux Mint Documents folder... and from there they could stay a part of your future backup strategy. And that makes 2 copies before you even begin with Timeshift, if you keep the USB copy too.
It was one file in particular. It's on my USB ]and my Google drive now. I usually put important files there. I'm pretty sure I got everything else I need. I just want to check again before I erase everything

Everything that is critically important is
  • On my hardrive
  • In the cloud
  • On an external drive
  • Printed and stored in a filing cabinet

Last edited:

https://c.tenor.com/x9bRBJoCkSMAAAAM/clap-applause.gif

I would really suggest you make a 2nd copy on a different drive. "Can't live without them" files deserve a 3rd backup copy on yet another different drive
It is only when those files have disappeared....kapoof !!....that the words above come back to haunt you. When I "achieved" my 'wipe' of important stuff from an external drive (a simple mistake was all it took) i swore that would never happen again. I now have backups of the backups.

It is only when those files have disappeared....kapoof !!....that the words above come back to haunt you. When I "achieved" my 'wipe' of important stuff from an external drive (a simple mistake was all it took) i swore that would never happen again. I now have backups of the backups.
I've already backed the divorce files on my Google drivenmand a second USB. But just in case I missed something, I copied every single folder that might have anything I missed.

He has nearly $80,000 that should have been awarded to be. He got away with it because he had an attorney and I didn't. There's no statute of limitations to get that money from him. All the files I need are in those folders. Some are duplicates, they may all be on my cloud drive. I want to be sure. If I have a chance to get it sometime in the future I will need them. Icould write a book about all of that!

Ugh! I'm using my tablet right now. I just wrote a post responding to some things @Condobloke suggested!

I'll do it again after I put my tower where I keep it. Out of reach of the cats with an air filter.

No I'm not...in 2013 I built my Tower but last year when my motherboard failed ( legacy) I was faced with UEFI...something I'm not familiar with.
So I went to a well known computer shop and gave them my SSD with Mint Cinnamon 21.1 on it...unfortunately they are a bunch of morons who claimed they can't boot to Linux because we only know windoze. View attachment 18772
@bob466

I keep meaning to tell you I have a decent understanding of and experience with UEFI. I had to learn a lot when I got this computer with UEFI. I installed Windows XP and then upgraded it to Windows 7. I had to do a lot of reading, but I got it done.

I know it's not something you need now, but if I can ever help out I'd happy to.

Members online