Manjaro KDE

melonie

Reaction score
Credits
I'm having a problem with the sound on my Lenovo ThinkPad with Manjaro KDE. No sound when I try to watch a video, but if there is a video posted in Telegram the sound is fine. I have the volume set to 100% on the tool bar.

When you "try to watch a video" - how and where? Like, in your browser? A downloaded video? If in your browser, which browser?

Please consider reading the 2nd link in my signature. Help us to help you.

Oh, sorry - yes, in my Brave browser. I will read your links. Thanks

Hi captain-sensible. I'm sorry - I'm kinda stumbling around here. I was responding to KGIII who said "Please consider reading the 2nd link in my signature". I clicked around on everything that seemed possible, but couldn't figure out how to find the 2nd link in his signature. Sorry to waste your time - I need to find my way around the site better.

When you "try to watch a video" - how and where? Like, in your browser? A downloaded video? If in your browser, which browser?

Please consider reading the 2nd link in my signature. Help us to help you.
Oh, sorry - yes, in my Brave browser. I will read your links. Thanks
Where do I find your signature to read your 2nd link?

Where do I find your signature to read your 2nd link?
If you read down past the line at the bottom of the post, you will find other things written these are called signatures, Mine starts
""When asking for help""

It's the link @captain-sensible gave you, but here it is again:

(I really need to get that moved and forwarded to the new site.)

Anyhow, if you run pavucontrol (I'm assuming that's installed by default on Manjaro) then there are some tabs - under output there's a drop down menu. It may be muted there.

It's the link @captain-sensible gave you, but here it is again:

(I really need to get that moved and forwarded to the new site.)

Anyhow, if you run pavucontrol (I'm assuming that's installed by default on Manjaro) then there are some tabs - under output there's a drop down menu. It may be muted there.
I went to System settings/Audio/Playback devices/Test - and the sound in the computer is working great.
I always use Brave, but for grins I checked FireFox and the sound on videos is just fine. So - it appears that the problem is with Brave only. I will look for pavucontrol and see if Brave is muted there. Thank you

^^^....what KGIII means is if pavucontrol is already installed, typing the word pavucontrol into the terminal will open it.

otherwise you may have to install it....I assume Manjaro has some sort of software centre...usually accessed in the menu ?

With brave browser, open settings, click on the circle...top right hand side....that opens search....type in sound

down the bottom click on site and shield settings.....scroll down to the bottom,

click on additional content settings...click sites can play sound....(ensure the sites can play sound box is ticked/selected )

Hi captain-sensible. I'm sorry - I'm kinda stumbling around here. I was responding to KGIII who said "Please consider reading the 2nd link in my signature". I clicked around on everything that seemed possible, but couldn't figure out how to find the 2nd link in his signature. Sorry to waste your time - I need to find my way around the site better.
No problem

Members online

No members online now.