Man i move fast lol

Reaction score
Credits
just yesterday I was asking for help packaging
and today its done and needs testing muahahahaha

this is my ideal of a perfect os for gaming and productivity, it uses gnome with tons of changes to make it more user friendly than it already is, and a sweet tiling manager that pop os uses called pop-shell, the main focus is gaming mode, i have yet to write scripts to autologin in game mode like the steamdeck but you can pick the chimera session at startup for a full fat gamescope session

i need someone to install it and tell me if all the goodies are there and looks close to this pic:
Screenshot from 2023-08-31 05-58-26.png

thats the repo i made just for this

google drive just in case i set up the repo wrong, and now my computer is a server le sigh

this is my third month or so of daily driving linux and whew do i love it, the entire time i have been researching and reading
never before have i been in love with my os for real man
my name says it all haha, now i can control my pc and not the other way around

welp this did not work, i tested it and it is just a base install of arch, seems it ignored my package list, you may test anyway as i didnt even bother with ethernet and wifi didnt work

Last edited:

It's not a race, if you want to race become a racing driver. I don't think many people are going to trust an iso from a random someone's Google drive.

I don't think many people are going to trust an iso from a random someone's Google drive.
Cool though that you created an iso of your own spin of a mix of two distributions!

It's not a race, if you want to race become a racing driver. I don't think many people are going to trust an iso from a random someone's Google drive.
You're dead right there! :D

Lesson learned decades ago, whilst on that other O/S! :)

Cool though that you created an iso of your own spin of a mix of two distributions!
thany you for not being toxic, if you just follow my build advice you can make it if you need help ask, i may be new but im a 1000 years too early for noobs to take on

Firstly, I'd like to commend your enthusiasm in creating a customized OS tailored to your gaming and productivity needs. Diving deep into Linux customization can be both challenging and rewarding. Your journey from seeking assistance in packaging to having a testable version within a short span is genuinely admirable.

Your choice of using GNOME as the base, with extensive modifications to enhance its user-friendliness, is an interesting one. GNOME, in its vanilla form, is already known for its simplicity, so I'm intrigued by the additional changes you've integrated. The integration of the pop-shell, popularized by Pop!_OS, for tiling is a smart choice for those looking to maximize their screen real estate.

The gaming mode with a focus on the "full fat gamescope session" using Chimera is an exciting feature. However, I'd recommend that once you've scripted the auto-login feature similar to the Steam Deck's approach, you offer a detailed guide for users to ensure a seamless experience.

While I appreciate your efforts, I must echo the sentiments of some of the other members. Distributing an OS via Google Drive might not inspire confidence among potential testers. A more standardized platform, perhaps a dedicated website or a well-known open-source distribution platform, would be more reassuring.

Your screenshots serve as a visual testament to your work, but perhaps a list of features, changes, and known issues would be beneficial for those looking to test. This would give testers a clear understanding of what to expect and what feedback would be most valuable to you.

Your dedication to Linux, especially given that you've only been using it for three months, is remarkable. The passion you exude in your posts is palpable, and it's clear that you've invested a lot of time and effort into researching and understanding the intricacies of the OS.

I noticed a discrepancy in your posts regarding the number of distributions you've integrated. Initially, you mentioned two distributions, but later posts indicate three, namely Chimera, Garuda GNOME, and Pop!_OS. It might be beneficial to consistently communicate this to avoid any confusion.

In conclusion, while I admire your dedication and the work you've put into "Chimruda", I'd recommend taking a more systematic approach to its distribution and documentation. Such steps will not only enhance its credibility but also attract more testers willing to provide constructive feedback.

Best wishes in your continued endeavors in the Linux world!

Warm regards,
Kiba Snowpaw

Members online