Solved linux.org forum mails seems to be delivered with a delay

Solved issue
When i reply in a topic that I did not start, it has always automatically "watched" that topic......occasionally I used to check that the process of "auto watching" had indeed worked, and it was so consistent that I have not checked that for some time.

The topics that have failed to send an email are brand new...new threads just started by other members. Should I expect to receive an email for a new thread in an area/forum (eg Hardware) that I 'follow'/subscibe to ?

The two notifications baffles me but isn't really a drama....interestingly I do not receive an email as well....only if I click on the notification or open the topic from the main page and then choose to 'watch' that topic...do I receive emails going forward

Would it make any sense to 'reset' my account?....is that even possible?....I have already logged out completely and then back in again....with no change

Would it make any sense to 'reset' my account?....is that even possible?....I have already logged out completely and then back in again....with no change
I think things are working as designed .. you now have the email notifications set on both threads you started and threads you're involved in. Let's give it some time and get more data :)

Roger !

I will keep both eyes open.

Thanks, @Rob

@Condobloke I have this currently set.
Screenshot from 2024-02-24 09-02-15.png

And like you when I create a topic or reply in a topic I am automatically subscribed to get forum notifications(where notifications appear next to your inbox) and email notifications about that topic.

Mine is similar...except I have clicked on 'Enable Push Notifications'.....and because I am using brave browser I had to click on the setting in the browser to "Use Google Services for Push Messaging" .....that has made notifications work on my desktop.
1708761927074.png

@f33dm3bits ....have you always had the push notifications "enable push notifications button" unclicked?...in other words you have left it its default position ?.....(using brave browser of course)

have you always had the push notifications "enable push notifications button" unclicked?...in other words you have left it its default position ?.....(using brave browser of course)
Yeah I've always had it like that because I disliked push notifications, when I'm online the forum notifications are enough and when I'm away I read the topics I follow by using the link in the notifications mails sent.

ok....I might try it with disabling the google setting (which I do not like anyway) and I will reset the push notifications button back to 'Enable push Notifications"

Theworts that can happen is I will have to reset it.....that wont be a biggie at all.

Drop a quick answer in here for me please @f33dm3bits or @Brickwizard
About this?
have you always had the push notifications "enable push notifications button" unclicked?
If so yes, I have never enabled push notifications. Or are you wanting an answer to another question? I can try enabling it to see what happens?

I just enabled it to see what happens.
Screenshot from 2024-02-24 09-32-58.png

No, that was perfect

I received an email, and I received a notification in bottom corner of my desktop

Talk about weirdness. !!!!...a month ago that would not behave like that. When I am active with topics I prefer to see the notifications come in and then I can switch to them quickly if I need to. If I am not in a hurry , I will catch up to them via the email.

But now......I got both !!!

I am not sure where the change took place......either in brave, thunderbird, or linux.org

If I was going to take a bet, I would bet on brave being the culprit

That is really good...instead of receiving TWO notifications in desktop corner I just get ONE now

SO if I send a reply to this topic......what do you get ??

No, that was perfect

I received an email, and I received a notification in bottom corner of my desktop

Talk about weirdness. !!!!...a month ago that would not behave like that. When I am active with topics I prefer to see the notifications come in and then I can switch to them quickly if I need to. If I am not in a hurry , I will catch up to them via the email.

But now......I got both !!!

I am not sure where the change took place......either in brave, thunderbird, or linux.org

If I was going to take a bet, I would get on brave being the culprit

That is really good...instead of receiving TWO notifications in desktop cornaer I just get ONE now

Since I enabled it, I'm am getting push notifications and still receiving forum notifications and notifications emails.

SO you get double notifications as well as an email?

Well....I am happy with what I am receiving after changing that setting in Brave.

Thanks for showing me that screenshot.....that set the wheels in motion !

Members online