Linux on external SSD or HHD

I want to share how I use Linux. I bought NVME ssd with USB 3.1 enclosure. I plug it to my laptop in USB 3.1 gen 2 port and get speed 2000mb/s. The Linux work perfectly and I even have no notable differences with OEM SSD. Check your laptops ports specification before buy enclosure. Mine is Orico
ORICO 2.5" USB C External Hard Drive Enclosure, SATA 3.0 to USB 3.1 Gen2 6Gbps Case for 2.5 Inch HDD/SSD Support Max 4TB with UASP Trim(25PW1C3),Black https://amzn.eu/d/3puCQRV.
Kindly tell me is this one good for me ?
I own a hp victus i7 12th gen laptop
I have a daichi 128gb sata ssd
And I have installed Linux based zorin os on it.
I am currently using a 2.0 ADnet enclosure.
Will this orico one bring a change in the performance?

Will this orico one bring a change in the performance?
Welcome to the forums
it is not the case that will determine the speed but what you put in it, if you put in a traditional disc spinner you will not notice much difference, if you fit a SSD drive in the case you will get up to 6gb depending on if your computer is usb2 or usb3, if you only have usb2 connection then you will not get the best performance

Welcome to the forums
it is not the case that will determine the speed but what you put in it, if you put in a traditional disc spinner you will not notice much difference, if you fit a SSD drive in the case you will get up to 6gb depending on if your computer is usb2 or usb3, if you only have usb2 connection then you will not get the best performance
I have put a daichi sata ssd 128 gb in the 2.0 ADnet enclosure (running zorin os in it).
Just wanted to know if the new 3.1 orico case will bring any change in the speed of the OS.
(Note:- 2.0 and 3.0 are usb versions of the cases).

(Note:- 2.0 and 3.0 are usb versions of the cases).
As I said, the deciding factor is what speed is the USB connection on your machine [check the machine specification] , if that is only USB2 then there will be no noticeable difference in which caddy you use

Members online