libreoffice in ZorinOS

Pyton78

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I have a issue "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::lang::IllegalArgumentException'" when i try runign eny app libreoffice. It's work only when I run whit sudo form console.

Eny One help me?

Maybe try un-installing it and re-installing it using Synaptic Package Manager Or> your Software Center.

Since Zorin is based on Ubuntu I would remove the current LibreOffice
Code:
sudo apt purge libreoffice-common
To get the latest edition go to the LibreOffice website - https://www.libreoffice.org/ - and download it - once downloaded - now extract the contents you should see a folder called LibreOffice_7.2.4.1_Linux_x86-64_deb - now open that folder you will see a folder called DEBS - now open that folder and you will see a whole bunch of deb files - this is what you are going to install - right click and open a terminal inside the DEBS folder - in the terminal type in
Code:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
this will install it

Once OP installs the latest version of LibreOffice will it get updated in the future updates in Zorin?

Once OP installs the latest version of LibreOffice will it get updated in the future updates in Zorin?
No you would have to add the LibreOffice PPA
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt update
or you can go to the LibreOffice website and download the latest version in the series and repeat the process in #3 to update it - LibreOffice will update currently is the 7.2 series - 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, now 7.2.4 etc - you can update that series but when 7.3 comes out you cannot upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3 - 7.3 it will be a fresh install creating all new folders/desktop entries and so forth - so you would have to uninstall 7.2 first then install 7.3 whenever that comes out - else you will have 2 LibreOffice's installed 7.2 and 7.3

Be advised that the PPA is usually slower to update then the website - me I just download it from the website and upgrade the series that way I do not use the PPA myself since it is slow to update

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen LibreOffice auto update. Also had to manually install any updated version. In Windows, the in-app update feature works. Never seen it work in an Ubuntu-based distro.

thenk you for help. I remove old instal, using dpkg -i for instaling new, now it`s wrok. But you must have remove every file libreoffice (old configuration)

Never seen it work in an Ubuntu-based distro.

It does if it's installed properly. Try Lubuntu, as one example, where it's installed by default and then upgrades along with the system. There are upgrades every few days, or so it seems.

Members online

Latest posts