Labeling and keeping track of your cables

• Thread starter Deleted member 147986
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 147986

For home use I've been using these plastic bread clips that come with a loaf of bread for years to label cables as they fit most of them and are readily available. Write the label and just hang it on. They can somewhat easily come off, so while not perfect, they're perfectly cromulent for home use.

What methods do you use to label and keep track of your cables?

And for you professionals out there, what does professional cable labeling and management entail?

Last edited by a moderator:

I keep it simple, marker pens, and put rings around the cables [same number and colour on both ends of each cable] by the connectors

I go with the knotted mess method where it's sometimes easier to just add a new cable to the bunch than it is to find the existing cable!

Nah, it's not really that bad. I do keep them fairly tidy but I don't really label much. I should, but I don't. I can usually tell what is what because I put it there and they're attached to something. I do use different colors for runs of cable, like gray for POE security cameras and stuff like that.

My cables status is also quite cromulent.

They hide under/behind my desk and only come out when instructed to (read never)

Members online

Latest posts