It's out of control

I find it interesting that nobody evey says Parott or Black Arch or Blackbuntu are "advanced" linux distros or have the same reaction when someone says they use Kali. My thought is, it's none of my business what distro you use and why. If someone has a question and needs help we should help them without judging them. None of were born knowing linux, we all had a learning curve.
I see anything Arch-based as an advanced distribution because if Arch breaks you have to know how to fix it. Most of the people that come here with Kali problems ask basic questions and don't even know Linux basics, that's why my personal opinion is that for 90% people that use Kali and those types of distributions should be able to figure out the problems themselves and if not know what useful information to provide so that others might be able to help them.

I agree. What bothers me is someone asks a legitimate question and they're immediately hit with, "why Kali" "Kali is too advanced" "you should switch to ubuntu". To which I say, "you should politely answer the question or move on. There's alot of people who seem to have angst about Kali spending alot of time in the Kali distro section being rude and insulting. If someone came here and asked a linux mint question I chimed in with, why linux mint? That distro is for soccer moms and kids, I would be burned at the cross. And this has nothing to do with Kali, this is about how people who are asking for help are treated. They ask a question and after 5 or so posts of being criticized or questioned someone finally gets around to answering the question. People won't stay if they're treated poorly. That was the first comment I got and seems to be the default response for Brickhouse.

I see anything Arch-based as an advanced distribution because if Arch breaks you have to know how to fix it. Most of the people that come here with Kali problems ask basic questions and don't even know Linux basics, that's why my personal opinion is that for 90% people that use Kali and those types of distributions should be able to figure out the problems themselves and if not know what useful information to provide so that others might be able to help them.
And yeah, arch was too much for me. That's what I consider and advanced distro.

I agree. What bothers me is someone asks a legitimate question and they're immediately hit with, "why Kali" "Kali is too advanced" "you should switch to ubuntu". To which I say, "you should politely answer the question or move on. There's alot of people who seem to have angst about Kali spending alot of time in the Kali distro section being rude and insulting.
My opinion is if someone ask basic Linux question or how to install the wireless driver(or something like that) on Kali than they shouldn't be using Kali but get a bit more experience first on a distribution like Ubuntu until they are familiar enough with Linux. If they are using it for some course than okay I may try and help but then again they should probably then ask their instructor if they are using it for a training course. Mostly because most of the Kali post here people want to learn how to hack and not learn Linux, so they think they can just skip that step while understanding Linux helps you understand the Kali tools because from the ones I've seen are made with Linux in mind.

Any how sorry for going off topic, just thought it was interesting while we were on the topic of hacking. Glad you got it working!
And yeah, arch was too much for me. That's what I consider and advanced distro.
You should try it again in a vm when have time ;)

You will have noticed, I use the term pen-testing for these distributions, as they are basically designed for professional testers, the terms Hacking/hackers always congers up spotty little 15-year-olds, with no social life trying to get noticed,

Any how sorry for going off topic, just thought it was interesting while we were on the topic of hacking. Glad you got it working!

You should try it again in a vm when have time ;)
That is next on my list. Getting virtual box set up so I can usse remnux and break some windows machines, lol.

I have an opinion but I'm new here and don't want to get kicked off this soon. Let's just say that I value privacy a great deal.
I understand and appreciate your position, perhaps more than most here. We met each other before, but you won't remember. Both of us were anonymous at the time. ;-)

This is a good forum where people here are reasonable. It is clear that you already know where the soft and hard boundaries are. I think you can thrive here.

@ghostanon You should create an intro post in the introduction section :)

Last edited:
I understand and appreciate your position, perhaps more than most here. We met each other before, but you won't remember. Both of us were anonymous at the time. ;-)

This is a good forum where people here are reasonable. It is clear that you already know where the soft and hard boundaries are. I think you can thrive here.
Oh my, I've talked to so many people. IRC used to be a bee hive of activity. It's hard to know who you've met and didn't given nobody used names. I started on 4chan just being an ahole and pranking people. I came into the fray shortly after the scientology op. Are you in the u.s.? I used to chat with a couple guys from Germany and there was a female from somewhere in the U.K. but I can't remember where she "claimed" to be from. Of course I always claimed I was from Canada....not true.

It was an attempt at humor. How could we possibly know for sure?

Besides, on this website, we wear Red hats, not black, white or grey, eh?

Last edited:
@ghostanon You should create an intro post in the introduction section :)
Is that something everyone does? I'm not much for talking about myself but if it's standard practice I could come up with something.

You will have noticed, I use the term pen-testing for these distributions, as they are basically designed for professional testers, the terms Hacking/hackers always congers up spotty little 15-year-olds, with no social life trying to get noticed,
Yeah, it's been made into a bad word. But that is what any pentester is, whether red or blue team. You have to find every imaginable way to break something because they will. Besides, if you've ever changed some code around or configured something to work in a way not in it's original configuration, then you'd be considered a hacker. Most linux users just by the very nature of how distros work and the open source nature would be considered hackers. I'll always be a hacker, I just don't create chaos anymore.

Is that something everyone does? I'm not much for talking about myself but if it's standard practice I could come up with something.
Not everyone does it but you seem like an interesting person from the posts I and several people have exchanged with you, that's why I thought I would suggest it.

your post "You guys are aces" has already been placed in the intro forum

Oh crap. I just posted another one there. Oh well. Some may find it interesting.

Between the "You guys are aces" thread and your other threads and posts, you have done a good job introducing yourself. The other members and I have gotten to know you as well as your general interests.

This is Linux.org, so I doubt anyone here is wants to know your Zodiac sign, your hat size, or whether you like full moons, piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain during romantic walks on the beach.

By the way, still no further than I was on the gpu. I do have it narrowed to one missing file,
fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory
Detected GPUs: AMD: 1
That one right there. And I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. It looks like an ongoing issue as well because it used to be 1010 that was missing, mine is 1100.

Between the "You guys are aces" thread and your other threads and posts, you have done a good job introducing yourself. The other members and I have gotten to know you as well as your general interests.

This is Linux.org, so I doubt anyone here is wants to know your Zodiac sign, your hat size, or whether you like full moons, piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain during romantic walks on the beach.
Well I do like all those things, except the rain. I can do without that.

It looks like an ongoing issue
I think your right, gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': is a problem across the board Linux wise from Arch to Debian based distros

Members online