Is Linux Really That Harder Than windoze ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not a must. I used MX Linux many times in a Live Session using strictly the G.U.I. While I have nothing against anyone who likes to use the Command Line and I think it is good to learn it if you can. I am strongly against Command Line Junkies that push the Command Line like a drug pusher. In my experience trying to learn the Command Line is impossible in my case and I have given up on it since the Command Line has caused more trouble than I could shake a stick at. Twice it wiped out my distro that it required a complete re-install and many other headaches.

The more I learn about Linux...the more I'm using the Terminal and in some cases is easier.
m1212.gif

The Terminal is part of Linux and everyone should have a basic knowledge of it...you never know you might like it.
m1213.gif

If you run the wrong command and it screws your system...who's fault is that ? Terminal commands posted by me or anyone else on this Forum are safe...the Mods wouldn't allow harmful commands.

If a harmful command wiped my system...that's no problem because I have an image of my system on an external Drive created by Foxclone or Redorescue or both...it's a simple matter to put the image back with nothing lost.
m1213.gif

Anyway we've all done the wipe the system thing...I did with GParted a few years ago but I had an image saved...lucky me.
m1203.gif

The more I learn about Linux...the more I'm using the Terminal and in some cases is easier.
m1212.gif

The Terminal is part of Linux and everyone should have a basic knowledge of it...you never know you might like it.
m1213.gif

If you run the wrong command and it screws your system...who's fault is that ? Terminal commands posted by me or anyone else on this Forum are safe...the Mods wouldn't allow harmful commands.

If a harmful command wiped my system...that's no problem because I have an image of my system on an external Drive created by Foxclone or Redorescue or both...it's a simple matter to put the image back with nothing lost.
m1213.gif

Anyway we've all done the wipe the system thing...I did with GParted a few years ago but I had an image saved...lucky me.
m1203.gif
Blocked!

Last edited:
Don't care what windoze has...saw the video and know there was an easy way to do it in Linux...don't do it myself anyway...end of story. View attachment 19182

If you don't care, why do you compare ?

By the way, there's several grammatical errors in your title, you may want to fix that if you care about it and are capable of fixing that. Now it looks like I'm talking to a 13 year old.

You're right, instead I've reported the post for lack of interest to the goal of this forum.

If you don't care, why do you compare ?

By the way, there's several grammatical errors in your title, you may want to fix that if you care about it and are capable of fixing that. Now it looks like I'm talking to a 13 year old.
@Diputs
If you wish to point out "grammatical errors" in others, you might want to look in the mirror.
"there's several grammatical errors . . . " 'There's' should be 'there are' to agree with the plural 'errors' which is the subject.
In addition to that, you could check all your posts for 'grammatical errors', there are quite a few that I saw, but refrained from pointing out.
Please heed the advice that @Brickwizard gave.
OG

Last edited:
Define a "small number"? If there are 8 billion people in the world and 3 percent use Linux,
That would still be 240 million people.

More realistically only about 4 billion people use computers/cell phone technology.
Even 3 percent of that is 120 million people. That's a bigger population than many entire countries.
Perhaps not China, India or even the United States, but it's a still pretty good for a "small number".

Hi - there have been a couple reports about this thread into the moderators. The members of the mod team here have outside lives, are volunteers and I respect their time/work on the site.

Locking this thread - remember that we're all adults and to respect each other. The moderation/admin team isn't here to babysit. We're here mostly to fight spammers and assume people can kinda get along :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts