Intermittent wake issues: ThinkPad E14 G4 i5

kghose

Reaction score
Credits
Code:
Ubuntu 23.10
6.5.0-26-generic #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC
(Problem happened with 6.7 series kernel too.)

Code:
cat /proc/cmdline
... nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 vt.handoff=7
(I think the nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 helps. Before this setting my NVMe SSD would sometimes mount RO on waking.)

Code:
$ cat /sys/power/mem_sleep
[s2idle]

Intermittent wake issues
1. Laptop doesn't come out of sleep when lid is opened. Power button LED "breathes" suggesting laptop knows the lid is opened (unless the power button LED always breathes, even when lid is closed). If I tap the keyboard repeatedly the laptop eventually wakes up. UPDATE: IF I leave the laptop open without tapping, the laptop eventually wakes up
2. Very rarely the trackpad and trackpoint won't work though the touch screen will. Sending it to sleep and waking again fixes this problem.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Last edited:

To follow up a bit: journalctl seems to think the system is waking up when the lid is opened except that the lid has been opened earlier and I've been mashing keys like mad.

I'm now looking for information on whether the drivers that deal with lid opening are buggy for the ThinkPad E14 G4

first thing to do is check is the BIOS, make sure other OS is checked.

first thing to do is check is the BIOS, make sure other OS is checked.

Are you talking about the sleep mode? I could try the "Linux" sleep mode again, but every time I tried it, when the computer wakes up, I have no mouse control and other random things break on wake. I never used it enough to see if the delayed wake problem persists with the old style suspend.

s3idle works flawlessly except for this intermittent delay in wake.

Staff online