Integrated WiFi on virtual box Kali

I just wanted to ask here, because I thought that I would get a solution for my issue that was accurate,
I gave you that in my first post

I just wanted to ask here, because I thought that I would get a solution for my issue that was accurate, and that I would find a nice and friendly community

But what did I found, a bunch of people roasting me because I had a simple issue with a VM THAT I COULD NOT FIND A SOLUTION BY MYSELF,

I would remember this day and NEVER EVER ask a question HERE
You didn't even share what you tried yourself if you had tried something yourself first. More expected of someone running Kali and if you really need help with Kali more than a 1 sentence question or description is expected.

as a general note
Kali is a distribution constructed for one purpose only, and that is to run pentesting tools, to use it safely and effectively you need to be Linux experienced with a good knowledge of the terminal, how it works, and the common codes, if you do not meet these requirements then ,They consider you are not ready to safely use the distribution. Being able to correctly install a working Kali system ON YOUR OWN is a part of the rite of passage into the Kali community.
The pen testing distribution I am a member of is more helpful to newbies, BUT you still need to know what you're doing as answers may not be in plain English, you may be told what to do but not how to do it

You didn't even share what you tried yourself if you had tried something yourself first. More expected of someone running Kali and if you really need help with Kali more than a 1 sentence question or description is expected.
I DIDN’T SAID THAT I TRIED BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS OVBIOUS
ALSO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO DO THAT, I’M NEW, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

IT MEANS THAT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS IN HERE

I WOULD HAVE ADDED INFORMATION IF YOU ASKED FOR IT

PERIOD

ALSO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO DO THAT, I’M NEW, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

PERIOD
WE can't read mind and this isn't a psychic hotline as @JasKinasis would say. It's YOUR responsibility to provide the information that will help answer your question, especially when you are using Kali.

PERIOD

I think asking here was a mistake…
Well, I told you the solution: Get an USB Adapter with Monitor mode. I don't know what you complaining about. About the people here, they simply told you you need to be able to walk, before you start running. Go to Kali Linux Forum, then you know what roasting means
Except for you, you actually helped

WE can't read mind and this isn't a psychic hotline as @JasKinasis would say. It's YOUR responsibility to provide the information that will help answer your question, especially when you are using Kali.

PERIOD
I first try, then ask for help

I don’t want to keep the discussion, also, I’m busy, don’t expect me to answer in the next… eternity

PERIOD
No reason to get salty. don't forget you are the one that want's something from us. You have no reason to treat us like that. Get a payd support you can screamt at. Everyone here tried to help in their free time. And you are Sh***ing on them. That's a sign of very bad character. Would you help someone in your free time if it was the other way around. Let that sink in.

OK EVERYONE CALM DOWN
we have answered the OP's question, in my second post [#15]I have asked him to go and read the full Kali documentation, on this point we can do no more.
@ThaGrInkat for information, Linux-org is manned by volunteer members across the world, most of us have many years of experience in Linux or use Linux every day in their businesses, one thing we are not supplied with are crystal balls, the quality of an answer will depend on how much information is given in the question,
Whenever you install a new OS, even if it's a new version of the one you have been using since you were 5 yrs old, you must read the full documentation first, this will tell you of any known problems, what has changes, what support is new or now deleted and in most cases much more.

You will probably have an easier time doing a pasthrough of your wifi adapter if you use Qemu.
Hey, I will try that, just, can the VM give internet acces to the host system?
No problem if it doesn’t, just that it would be awesome if it did

I also want to apologize to everyone (especially @Brickwizard ), I admit that I didn’t formulated my question correctly, and that I got mad with you guys, for something that was entirely my fault

Hey, I will try that, just, can the VM give internet acces to the host system?
No problem if it doesn’t, just that it would be awesome if it did
I have not tried doing a passthrough of a network adapter but I have done so with a gpu for one of my vm that's running on Proxmox which uses Qemu. As you are running Kali is based on Debian testing, the following link should help you set it up
At the part where they edit xml files you can just install virt-manager, which is a gui to manage your vm's.
Code:
apt install virt-manager
I have never tried it with a wireless network adapter but it should work as well, as for if your vm can give you host network access technically it would probably be possible some how but I have never tried it. It would probably involve setting up some firewall rules and it would get quite complicated so I can't advice you on that . If you are asking this because you only have one network card in your system, if you want my opinion I wouldn't go that direction since there are better options. If I were you I would buy one of the Kali supported usb wifi adapters have assign that to your Kali vm.
It will keep your setup simpler and leave your host with a network connection as well.
I also want to apologize to everyone (especially @Brickwizard ), I admit that I didn’t formulated my question correctly, and that I got mad with you guys, for something that was entirely my fault
As for how quite a few of us reacted(including me). We get quite a few people posting with questions about Kali and don't know basic Linux stuff and only want to use Kali because of wanting to learn to Hack and don't bother with getting enough experience with Linux before jumping to Kali and it can get quite annoying so I myself reacted out of annoyance it wasn't a personal thing. I apologize as well for having reacted that way it's sort of automatic. I see that you have a different attitude since you continued where most others would just leave and give up, I would advise you also to play with some others distributions as well to get down the basics of Linux since it will give you an easier time dealing with Kali as well.

Most people on this forum will do the best they can to help you but mostly try to avoid topics involving Kali.

I have not tried doing a passthrough of a network adapter but I have done so with a gpu for one of my vm that's running on Proxmox which uses Qemu. As you are running Kali is based on Debian testing, the following link should help you set it up

I've done it with ethernet ports. ( Just be sure you have more than 1 NIC when you do this ) don't use your
primary host LAN NIC.
I've also done it with external USB adapters ( a lot more of a pain ).

All too often Kali users who come to Linux.org do not have the experience to benefit from Kali Linux. They have heard of Kali from somewhere and are eager to try it without a full understanding of what it is and how it is used appropriately.

I just want to say to @ThaGrInkat that people here tend to be a little harsh in threads from Kali users. There is no malice, but all too often the question the user asks is the wrong one. The real question from those users should be "What do I need to learn today so I can benefit from Kali Linux someday in the future?" rather than asking "How do I accomplish XYZ in Kali Linux?"

You got painted with that same brush, but don't let it bother you. Hang in there and you will find a bunch of very smart, friendly, and helpful people who know a lot about Linux and computer systems in general.

At the part where they edit xml files you can just install virt-manager, which is a gui to manage your vm's.
Code:
apt install virt-manager
I have never tried it with a wireless network adapter but it should work as well, as for if your vm can give you host network access technically it would probably be possible some how but I have never tried it. It would probably involve setting up some firewall rules and it would get quite complicated so I can't advice you on that . If you are asking this because you only have one network card in your system, if you want my opinion I wouldn't go that direction since there are better options. If I were you I would buy one of the Kali supported usb wifi adapters have assign that to your Kali vm.
It will keep your setup simpler and leave your host with a network connection as well.

As for how quite a few of us reacted(including me). We get quite a few people posting with questions about Kali and don't know basic Linux stuff and only want to use Kali because of wanting to learn to Hack and don't bother with getting enough experience with Linux before jumping to Kali and it can get quite annoying so I myself reacted out of annoyance it wasn't a personal thing. I apologize as well for having reacted that way it's sort of automatic. I see that you have a different attitude since you continued where most others would just leave and give up, I would advise you also to play with some others distributions as well to get down the basics of Linux since it will give you an easier time dealing with Kali as well.

Most people on this forum will do the best they can to help you but mostly try to avoid topics involving Kali.
Which distro would you recommend for getting started?

Which distro would you recommend for getting started?
the most popular for linux newbies
Linux Mint 22
Linux Mint LMDE
any of the Ubuntu family
Linux lite
Debian stable with additional driver pack

if your kit is under a year old
MX-AHS

also you could try
Pop [but it can be a pain in the butt to get it to install

Parrot home edition [dont try the security build or you will be in the same boat as Kali]

the most popular for linux newbies
Linux Mint 22
Linux Mint LMDE
any of the Ubuntu family
Linux lite
Debian stable with additional driver pack

if your kit is under a year old
MX-AHS

also you could try
Pop [but it can be a pain in the butt to get it to install

Parrot home edition [dont try the security build or you will be in the same boat as Kali]
Thanks man!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts