Integrated WiFi on virtual box Kali

ThaGrInkat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way for kali on virtualbox to hijack the integrated WiFi module on my laptop

What exactly do you want to hijack? Do you want to have a WiFi Adapter in your Kali VM or do you want to hack into another network?

Welcome to the forum
it goes something like this,
You have a host system [probably windows] this controls the network manager and traffic
You have a guest OS [kali] in a VM [virtual machine] this can only access the network via a bridge to the host system.
The VM cannot access the network manager directly,
If you want your VM to have direct Wi-Fi connectivity, you will first need a USB Wi-Fi adaptor and secondly in the VM set up USB to access it.

What's Kali?

I don't think you can do this in Virtualbox, what you could do is pass trough an USB WiFi Adapter. Also if you want to use it for penentration testing, you'd want a WiFi Adapter with Monitor Mode, like Alfa AWUS

Welcome to the forum
it goes something like this,
You have a host system [probably windows] this controls the network manager and traffic
You have a guest OS [kali] in a VM [virtual machine] this can only access the network via a bridge to the host system.
The VM cannot access the network manager directly,
If you want your VM to have direct Wi-Fi connectivity, you will first need a USB Wi-Fi adaptor and secondly in the VM set up USB to access it.
So I need ANOTHER WiFi adapter in order to connect via WiFi to the internet

I don't think you can do this in Virtualbox, what you could do is pass trough an USB WiFi Adapter. Also if you want to use it for penentration testing, you'd want a WiFi Adapter with Monitor Mode, like Alfa AWUS
What about using the COM section to connect to it?

So I need ANOTHER WiFi adapter in order to connect via WiFi to the internet
Yes
and if you are asking such basic questions, then you do not have enough experience of Linux to even be attempting to install/use Kali
please go to the Kali website and read the full documentation

Yes
and if you are asking such basic questions, then you do not have enough experience of Linux to even be attempting to install/use Kali
please go to the Kali website and read the full documentation
It's not that basic of a question since the average normal user doesn't use vm's.
But if you are going to be running Kali in a vm or on hardware you would expect them to have enough Linux experience to know how to deal with Networking issues when it comes to Kali and if not that enough Linux experience to know a Google search will probably get you an answer.

Last edited:
It's not that basic of a question since the average normal user doesn't use vm's.
But if you are going to be running Kali in a vm or on hardware you would expect them to have enough Linux experience to know how to deal with Networking issues when it comes to Kali and if not that enough Linux experience to know a Google search will probably get you an answer.
I just wanted to ask here, because I thought that I would get a solution for my issue that was accurate, and that I would find a nice and friendly community

But what did I found, a bunch of people roasting me because I had a simple issue with a VM THAT I COULD NOT FIND A SOLUTION BY MYSELF,

I would remember this day and NEVER EVER ask a question HERE

I just wanted to ask here, because I thought that I would get a solution for my issue that was accurate, and that I would find a nice and friendly community

But what did I found, a bunch of people roasting me because I had a simple issue with a VM THAT I COULD NOT FIND A SOLUTION BY MYSELF,

Mods can delete my account, I would NOT care

It's not that basic of a question
This is quite a common question on the other pentesting site I am a member of, it has also been asked on many occasions on Kali's own forum over the years [of course they never reply to it as it is considered to be basic]

Well, I told you the solution: Get an USB Adapter with Monitor mode. I don't know what you complaining about. About the people here, they simply told you you need to be able to walk, before you start running. Go to Kali Linux Forum, then you know what roasting means

Staff online

Latest posts