Howdy from Tulsa, OK USA

rdfrkian

Reaction score
Credits
Howdy, y'all! Yes, we actually say that in Oklahoma. :)
I have a real name, but online everyone calls me Red. I don't know why or how it happened, but hi, I'm Red.

Let's see, I'm GenX, so that should explain a lot right out of the batting cage. Grew up in Radio Shack, got my first Tandy in 1986. Don't ask for specs, I can't even remember. I do remember it didn't have a hard drive and only one 4" floppy drive. What a beast. Did some BBS with the telephone for awhile, and of course, it evolved from there.

Been using one flavor or another of linux for about 20 years now. Looking back, it truly amazes me how far we've come. Don't get me started.

hmm... I have two pests, oh.. excuse me, two cats. I live in Tulsa in a little house on the west side. Will be moving north of town about 50 miles in a month or so. "in the country" as they say.

I know a thing or three about Linux. I'm not a very good programmer, but I understand what I'm looking at most of the time and am comfortable using what people post if it looks right to me.

I've decided to make a go of it here, because the people seem really friendly and don't YELL at me if I ask a simple question.
I look through threads and will contribute if I think I'll be helpful, otherwise I keep my mouth shut.

Think that's all for now.
Y'all take care now, ya hear? :)

Red

ps. I'm 51 and GenX, so don't mess with me or I'll rip off arms and start swinging. :p

Nice written introduction! Welcome to the linux.org forums! :)

Howdy, y'all! Yes, we actually say that in Oklahoma. :)
I have a real name, but online everyone calls me Red. I don't know why or how it happened, but hi, I'm Red.

Let's see, I'm GenX, so that should explain a lot right out of the batting cage. Grew up in Radio Shack, got my first Tandy in 1986. Don't ask for specs, I can't even remember. I do remember it didn't have a hard drive and only one 4" floppy drive. What a beast. Did some BBS with the telephone for awhile, and of course, it evolved from there.

Been using one flavor or another of linux for about 20 years now. Looking back, it truly amazes me how far we've come. Don't get me started.

hmm... I have two pests, oh.. excuse me, two cats. I live in Tulsa in a little house on the west side. Will be moving north of town about 50 miles in a month or so. "in the country" as they say.

I know a thing or three about Linux. I'm not a very good programmer, but I understand what I'm looking at most of the time and am comfortable using what people post if it looks right to me.

I've decided to make a go of it here, because the people seem really friendly and don't YELL at me if I ask a simple question.
I look through threads and will contribute if I think I'll be helpful, otherwise I keep my mouth shut.

Think that's all for now.
Y'all take care now, ya hear? :)

Red

ps. I'm 51 and GenX, so don't mess with me or I'll rip off arms and start swinging. :p
Hello Red,
Great to have you here on the Linux.org forum. I'm sure you will be of help to many. In any event welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, from the other side of the pond

Welcome aboard.

We're rather welcoming and understanding.

Hey @rdfrkian I live in Oklahoma City.
Good to see another from Oklahoma on a Linux forum.
I have met another from Oklahoma on the Linux Mint forum.

I'm in my 70s and there are many different ages on the forum.
It's a pretty cool place to hang out a lot of good folk here.
Grab a beer or whatever your choice of drink is and enjoy the forum.

G'day Red, from DownUnder.

Glad to have you aboard.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hey @rdfrkian I live in Oklahoma City.
Good to see another from Oklahoma on a Linux forum.
I have met another from Oklahoma on the Linux Mint forum.

I'm in my 70s and there are many different ages on the forum.
It's a pretty cool place to hang out a lot of good folk here.
Grab a beer or whatever your choice of drink is and enjoy the forum.
Awesome! I do get down the pike at least once a year to visit the memorial. OKC is a great city with a welcoming atmosphere.
NIce to meet you.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Awesome! I do get down the pike at least once a year to visit the memorial.
We go visit the memorial now and then we lost a family member in that tragedy.
OKC is a great city with a welcoming atmosphere.
NIce to meet you.
We like it born and raised here.
Nice to meet you.

We used to make it to Tulsa blues and jazz festivals back in the 1970s always had a good time.

We go visit the memorial now and then we lost a family member in that tragedy.

We like it born and raised here.
Nice to meet you.

We used to make it to Tulsa blues and jazz festivals back in the 1970s always had a good time.
ah, man. I'm so sorry. That's so sad.
It seems like so long ago, but when I visit the memorial all the memories come flooding back like it was yesterday.
My condolences. :(

Members online