How linux can help on retrieving an account from a hacker?

G'day Rokumittsu, Welcome to Linux.org

I would take bets on Facebook ?

Welcome to the forums
If it's a financial account [bank/insurance/PayPal/online shopping] you should immediately contact the account provider, have the account frozen and a new one opened.
If it's any form of social media account, you should contact the security department [as methods of recovery differ between companies]
If you are sure you have been hacked on one account, NOW IS THE TIME, to change your passwords on all your accounts to something totally different and secure,
you can test your password using the UIC password tool,,, https://www.uic.edu/apps/strong-password/

Last edited:
What's this got to do with Linux ?
t1827.gif

What's this got to do with Linux ?
t1827.gif

It's right there in the title. Many people don't quite know what Linux is.

The answer is, "Almost certainly not, at least within the realm of reality."

But the question is asking if Linux can help. So, it has to do with Linux, it's just that the answer is probably not what they were hoping it would be.

I mean, there are Linux tools that will help them recover a hacked Windows password for the admin account.

In theory, if it's some online account, they could spend three or four years learning to use Linux and then attempt to retake control of the account by brute-forcing the new password.

They could learn to use Linux for a few years, learn how to use Wireshark properly, find where the hacker lives, dress up as a ninja, capture the wireless password, log in to the hacker's network, compromise their PC, and recover their account that way.

So, yes... Linux could theoretically help and all but one of those things is well outside reality. However, I do kind of want to see the results of the last option mentioned. That would amuse me greatly - and maybe make an interesting movie.

Might be a job for DuckDuckGo.
m01100.gif

Members online

Latest posts