Help Getting Rid of Android Bootloader

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
When I turn on my PC, The Prime OS (Android) Boot Loader comes up. How do I delete that Boot Loader? I tried reinstalling Grub & using the Grub Customizer. How do I do it?

I don't have Android installed on my Main PC.

If you already had grub customizer installed, the android may be a byproduct of that?...maybe?

Grub Customizer is bad news

When I turn on my PC, The Prime OS (Android) Boot Loader comes up. How do I delete that Boot Loader? I tried reinstalling Grub & using the Grub Customizer. How do I do it?

I don't have Android installed on my Main PC.
How do I get the Android boot Menu off my PC?

""I don't have Android installed on my Main PC.""

So, the question remains how did it get there

You can ponder that one.....someone with sufficient smarts to remove your android boot loader will come along

The reason I asked how it got on there, Eddie, was if you know how it got there, perhaps reversing that procedure may get rid of it ?

Possibly you have an Android phone..?

Is Android Studio installed....either now or previously ?

Is Android Studio installed....either now or previously ?
You're really starting to grasp now, arent you ;)
Just had a look at prime OS. Custom gaming OS for Laptops.
Are we sure it's not just the Prime OS custom grub menu that's coming up??

Last edited:
I too would ask how this came to be. Things do not generally happen in a vacuum, so something has to have caused this entry to be there. If you can recall that, we might have a starting point.

I installed PrimeOS to my External SATA Drive and It added the Android Boot Menu. Not the Grub Customizer. I think I got it off by reconfiguring the Grub Boot Loader. grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
(I've used Grub Customizer & I've never had a single problem w/ it) :)

Weird... That seems a strange thing for a Linux OS to install.

I don't have enough bandwidth or I'd spin up a VM and see what I can do. Someone else may be able to do that.

Staff online

Latest posts