Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lu_ca

Hello, my name is Luiz and I started using Linux due to the Intel Bay Trail bug... I loved it!

Hello Luiz,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum, enjoy the journey!

Welcome to the forums

Obrigado pela orientação. :)

Thanks for the guidance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post in English only

Welcome aboard and we are an English-only site. We don't have the resources to moderate other languages. So, we're English-only.

Anyhow, enjoy! We're the nicest Linux forum online!

Thank you for the welcome!
I will try to improve, it was a moment of distraction...
It has been proven that I am not good at doing two things at once. )p

I will try to improve, it was a moment of distraction...

Oh, it's all good. It happens and you weren't aware that we only use English here. You're not going to get yelled at, banned, or anything like that. You actually have to work at it to earn a ban here. You have to put effort into it and we don't ban people often.

Well, I do ban some spammers. You seldom see the spam as it is caught before you ever see it.

I don't really consider that a ban so much as I consider it good housekeeping.

OK, these rules are fair... I confess that I don't know what to think about your last post... This seems like an implicit threat to me... Have I spammed anything so far, or at least had the intention of spamming it?

Oh, it's all good. It happens and you weren't aware that we only use English here. You're not going to get yelled at, banned, or anything like that. You actually have to work at it to earn a ban here. You have to put effort into it and we don't ban people often.

Well, I do ban some spammers. You seldom see the spam as it is caught before you ever see it.

I don't really consider that a ban so much as I consider it good housekeeping.
I hope you forgive me, but acting preventatively like you did doesn't make sense to me...

Can someone delete my account please?
I tried but didn't see the option...
Someone comes and says they have to speak in English... Ok, that's fine!
Another comes and repeats what was said... Strange, but OK...
Then it comes back saying that it doesn't accept spam?... Is it magic? Did you take that out of your hat?

I really do think you are perhaps overthinking this.

Our Moderators rarely, if ever, threaten !

That is not the nature of this place...if it was , I (for one) would not be here.

Many of the people here, moderators included, have been known to "have a chat"....most of the time without any agenda at all.

please consider the differences in cultures, languages, nuances etc .....they play an important part.

I totally agree with @Condobloke .

Welcome @lu_ca .

@KGIII was simply covering the bases in explaining, he was not saying anything threatening or calling you a spammer.

We have a number of Portuguese speakers here, both from Portugal and Brasil.

If you have difficulty with translating or interpreting I would recommend using DeepL Translator

Why don't you stay for a week or more and see how we operate?

If, after that time, you wish to cancel your account, you can either click the link near bottom right saying "Contact us", or start a conversation with me.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I really do think you are perhaps overthinking this.

Our Moderators rarely, if ever, threaten !

That is not the nature of this place...if it was , I (for one) would not be here.

Many of the people here, moderators included, have been known to "have a chat"....most of the time without any agenda at all.

please consider the differences in cultures, languages, nuances etc .....they play an important part.
Thanks for caring...
I acted in accordance with what was written...
Once again I ask:
- Can anyone delete my account?

They can even say that I was expelled, if that's convenient.

After what I said, there's no going back...

We wrote at the same time, see what I said above.

Wizard

Good bye.

Good luck in finding a friendlier and more knowledgeable forum.

I don't like your chances unless you have a change in attitude.

Locking thread and cancelling account.

Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online