Solved Displays go dark - Keyboard and Mouse don't do anything

Solved issue

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I mostly let my PC running 24/7, but now when I let my PC running for ~24h my Displays go dark and my Mouse and Keyboard don't do anything. no CTRL+ALT+Del. No CTRL+ALT+{F1, F2, F3, F4, ...}. My PowerLED on my desktop is running also the Keyboard and Mouse LEDs are on. That's very unusual with my system, I mostly let it run for about 30 days and then reboot because of the updates. The only thing that helps me, is pushing the "Reset Button".
My OS is LMDE6
I don't really know what information you need, just tell me and I'll provide it for you

Any Help Appreciated, greetings

-tinfoil-hat

Maybe a sleep/hibernation issue? You can disable those and just blank the screen easily enough.

That's for Ubuntu's server edition but should be the same in LMDE6.

Maybe a sleep/hibernation issue? You can disable those and just blank the screen easily enough.

Thanks, I followed that. But what wonders me is that I have this installation since sebtember last year, and going to hybernate is a new thing. How could that setting have been activated?

How could that setting have been activated?

It could be that a recent update has borked things, which was what I was thinking it might be.

It's also good to eliminate those as potential problems.

Hi, I mostly let my PC running 24/7, but now when I let my PC running for ~24h my Displays go dark and my Mouse and Keyboard don't do anything. no CTRL+ALT+Del. No CTRL+ALT+{F1, F2, F3, F4, ...}. My PowerLED on my desktop is running also the Keyboard and Mouse LEDs are on. That's very unusual with my system, I mostly let it run for about 30 days and then reboot because of the updates. The only thing that helps me, is pushing the "Reset Button".
My OS is LMDE6
I don't really know what information you need, just tell me and I'll provide it for you

Any Help Appreciated, greetings

-tinfoil-hat
If "going dark" means that the screen shows nothing, not even a cursor up in the top left hand corner, then a machine here had that problem and the issue was the graphics card. After it happened a few times, the graphics card was changed and the problem disappeared. YMMV.

If "going dark" means that the screen shows nothing, not even a cursor up in the top left hand corner, then a machine here had that problem and the issue was the graphics card. After it happened a few times, the graphics card was changed and the problem disappeared. YMMV.
let's pray this stable diffusion didn't fry my graphics card. And no, I had no curser or anything

I did, let's cross fingers it was that, what the problem was

To avoid confusion, I'd not take any additional steps until after you've left your devices alone and running for a while. I'd not try other fixes until we know if this had any impact. That'll avoid confusion.

To avoid confusion, I'd not take any additional steps until after you've left your devices alone and running for a while. I'd not try other fixes until we know if this had any impact. That'll avoid confusion.
Okay, thanks y all for your help

looks like it works, I have now 3 days uptime, thank you very much! :)

looks like it works, I have now 3 days uptime, thank you very much! :)

I thought it might. Also, modern computers are really low power when they sit idle. It's not quite the same as sleep or hibernate, but it's just going to trickle power.

Members online