Depending on your CPU, this is kinda a problem...

i'm assuming the text behind the gui is probably /var/log/apt/history.log* in case you want to grep or zgrep through those for microcode.

i'm assuming the text behind the gui is probably /var/log/apt/history.log* in case you want to grep or zgrep through those for microcode.
I saw the microcode come through earlier, I'm more interested in the discrepancy between our three reports now. I've been through all the settings for the Update Manager, but I can't find a thing?!?

I've also installed this.
m1213.gif

open update manager.....click on view....Visible cloumns ...mine has all options ticked

'Show Descriptions' is also ticked

In preferences/Options: Only show notifications for security and kernel Updates is set to OFF

In Preferences/PACKAGES:

1692059148260.png

and in Preferences/Automation:
1692059227467.png

open update manager.....click on view....Visible cloumns ...mine has all options ticked

In preferences/Options: Only show notifications for security and kernel Updates is set to OFF

In Preferences/PACKAGES:

and in Preferences/Automation:

In Preferences/PACKAGES:
Mine are setup the same as yours. Strange that yours, mine, and z7vl7abxc are all showing different things. SMH

Hmm... Are you sorted by type and not scrolling down?
No bro, I've scrolled all the way down. We've got three people here, all showing different things ??

No bro, I've scrolled all the way down. We've got three people here, all showing different things ??

I figured it was worth asking. You never know! We humans overlook all sorts of things.

Heck, an amusing one is that I once filled a hard drive to the point where it wouldn't boot - because I had a backup process that wrote the backup in /home/kgiii/kgiii - so I'd never notice it. The eyes just sort of glazed over that. I had to boot to an external drive, load some disk visualization software, and that's when it hit me that I'd messed up the path for the backup utility.

It was insanely easy to overlook a folder that said /kgiii on it, 'cause that's a folder name that should exist. It just shouldn't exist there and shouldn't be a duplicate of the rest of the drive.

There's a reason tech support asks people to verify that the device is plugged in!

There's a reason tech support asks people to verify that the device is plugged in!
Like the guy that called tech support because his computer stopped working during a thunderstorm, and the tech finally thought to ask him if the power had come back on yet.....it hadn't! ;)

Members online