Comcast Sends Copyright Notice to a User for Downloading Ubuntu ISO via Torrent

MatsuShimizu

Reaction score
Credits
News sources:

Discussion on Reddit:

Last edited:

It's a bit over the top on Comcast's part, IMO:-

It's an operating system .iso file for pete sake!

"You will not use what you want, you will use what WE want you to use"

Big Brother sees all. %!*&Cast is owned by the Peacock network, MSMBC, in the end, they want conformity and control. They should test. trying d'load other Distros, maybe someone had a bad install exp. :cool:

I used to have a really, really local ISP. They sold and were sold again - all since 2008. It's now Consolidated Communications. So far, they've been pretty cool, but I worry that that might change.

Fortunately, Maine law lets me get DSL from any provider willing to service me. Copper lines have rights that fiber or coaxial cable do not have. So, if they get too onerous to deal with I can change to a different provider. Though there's a finite number of providers willing to service my area.

So, it's something that's a concern. I have a 'business' account, but I doubt that's immune to overly aggressive service providers.

Use a good VPN. I use protonvpn on all of my devices. I *cough* download stuff using deluge all the time, how else am I going to add to my 30k+ e-book collection.
I do NOT download music or videos unless you count using youtube-dl.
Comcast is one of the worst ISPs to have.

Too much cronyism. 1 pol party sends people to media outlets, and gets people from same. These bureaucrats love control. We will not be subdued. :D

Linux is about being free of corp MS or Apple. 1 guy did a vid and actually registered WinZip. He then went back on older retro builds and older versions. He was licensed on all versions. IN Win 95 up to 10.

But like WinZip you can use Win10 without a key, you just cannot customize it. The rumor is MS is gonna start doing to Win OS what it does to Word and others, you have to pay every year. Won't that be special?

Although I am technically retired, I do work occasionally at my companies corporate training headquarters. As such, I had to install Microcrap Teams on my Linux machine so we can do group meetings without driving to the training center. The irony is while I was reading, and "Liking" your post, I got an update from Microcrap. It was for Teams, and it was in reference to compatibility for Office 365, or something like that.

I have a feeling Microcrap's getting into bed with Linux, in't going to be for our benefit.

Yeah.. uM'brella Corp bought out Github when one of the guys who started it ended up like Linus, not a real people person. 7.5 billion. Which is not bad for the guys starting it out of their "garage"

They got to it before Googly. As of now Github has not changed. we shall see.

Great just finished a W10 update when I got home. Next thing I know there is a weather and people thingy on my taskbar I didn't ask for. Seems uM,brella Corp knows what I like and I should be thankful.

NOT. Linux so far does not do what I did not intend it to do. Had to turn it off.

Members online