Clonezilla rules

etcetera

Reaction score
Credits
I cloned a windows 10 SSD today. It worked. The remarkable thing is, it was encrypted but it correctly copied the entire thing.
I used to use this windows tool called Macrium Reflect. which kind of worked but post clone I had to adjust the bootloader settings as they got screwed up.
Clonezilla is just one step. It clones anything apparently.

This is a question ?....

Lots of those around here. .......statements that is..

Here a question.
Does everything in this forum have to be a question?

Can some things be FYI?

Does Clonezilla rule?

The title of this part of the Forum is "General Linux Questions" - hence the word Question? if you just want to make a statement or FYI you would be better to place it in "General Computing" or maybe "Off Topic" - hope that helps

As this is not a question and is about the distro known as Clonezilla, I've moved this thread to 'Other Distributions'.

Always test your backups. I've seen several occasion where there was difficulting restoring a Clonezilla image.

That doesn't mean you will have an issue. I'm just saying, it does happen. So you should always be aware and test those restores.

I test it immediately. I just cloned Buntu and it is working

Just noticed, this forum is like a burial ground, a post cemetery.
Almost no posts here. Sounds ominous. Does that mean I should elaborate on Oracle Linux here, since I am probably the only user of that distro?

...since I am probably the only user of that distro?

If you take the time to get acquainted with our Search facility, top right, you might find that there are numerous Threads featuring Oracle Linux users.

Also, if you search

Clonezilla

you will find hundreds of threads dating back to 2012.

Just a thought or two.

Wizard

Does that mean I should elaborate on Oracle Linux here, since I am probably the only user of that distro?
Oracle Linux is a RHEL clone any topics about Oracle Linux can be put under "Red Hat and derivatives" and any RHEL clone is basically the same as RHEL with Oracle Linux having maybe a few differences. Such has being able to use the Unbreakable Kernel made by Oracle, so you are not the only RHEL clone user here on the forum.

Last edited:
Works for me. Thanks, Maarten.

Wiz

Oracle Linux is a RHEL clone any topics about Oracle Linux can be put under "Red Hat and derivatives" and any RHEL clone is basically the same as RHEL with Oracle Linux having maybe a few differences. Such has being able to use the Unbreakable Kernel made by Oracle, so you are not the only RHEL clone user here on the forum.

I was obviously being facetious. And self-sardonic. sigh

I was obviously being facetious. And self-sardonic. sigh
It's hard to tell when someone is joking sometimes when reading only words.