Battery backup

The Duck

Reaction score
Credits
APC RS1500 died today :( what's a reasonably good reliable replacement.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images2000x2000/APC_BR1500_Back_UPS_RS_1500VA_120V_465436.jpg

Thanks.

If its the battery .......Any good with a screwdriver

Okay for the moment I went to Walmart and purchased a small basic battery backup just to get by not a fan of the typical surge protected power strip.
Will head out and about tomorrow in search of a replacement battery backup.
I'm almost certain the few I'm interested in will not be found locally and most likely will have to order online but want to check locally first.

Thanks for your input and will let you know which one I purchase.

I try to stick with APC or Cyberpower as they both back up the warranty. otherwise anything with the same power rating will be fine.

I too use APC but I only need it to prevent a minor potential surge from odd times when I switch to mains power. There can also be a slight lag there where the power will flicker long enough to screw up clocks. None of those are typical, but they sometimes happen with my setup. I just buy whatever is on sale.

Here's what I did.

I took the APC RS1500 battery backup to the local computer shop in my neighborhood.
The man plugged it in turned it on and turned it off and unplugged it removed the batteries and side cover.
Once inside we could see some of the electrolytic capacitors had swollen tops.
He said he could recap the battery backup for $65.00 and put it back in service.
I told him to do it and I'll have it back in a few days.

I think I'm going to buy new batteries for my other APC battery backup and put it back in to service.

I will say that if you're willing to spend the cash you can buy some really good battery backups that will give quite a bit of run time when a power outage happens.

Members online

Latest posts