Autostart applications on Fedora.

loover1

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

Can somebody tell me how to start applications on startup Fedora KDE Plasma 39 ?
Please "step-by-step" : I am not an expert !

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards.

Autostart KDE

That's a lot easier than what I was going to recommend.

If so, this is not my piece of cake, so : please, if so, give me some advice : what, where, how ?
You don't have to ask the same question twice, you have already asked it in your first post.

Tried all this, but no success !
But, do we have to insert some script anywhere ?
Which application are you trying to autostart during login?

this is not as tough as people are making it. What you need is to copy the desktop file from

/usr/share/applications/{program}.desktop
to
/home/{User.Name}/.config/autostart/{program}.desktop

that will make it come up after you log in. If it fails speak up and I will teach you how to put a delay on it so it works. remember to change stuff in the brackets to your information. Program name and user which is one of the directories.

What you need is to copy the desktop file from

/usr/share/applications/{program}.desktop
to
/home/{User.Name}/.config/autostart/{program}.desktop
I would expect that is the same thing the GUI would do if you use the GUI to select which application you want to autostart. I think it's probably easier in this case for the OP to use the GUI as they don't seem to be too Linux literate yet.

I would expect that is the same thing the GUI would do if you use the GUI to select which application you want to autostart. I think it's probably easier in this case for the OP to use the GUI as they don't seem to be too Linux literate yet.
yes it is the same thing however I have seen GUI not do it right or if the application is not ready to run it may need a delay on it and the GUI doesn't do that.

Staff online