Anyone else get warm gushy feelings whenever they get a new VPS to play with?

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I've invested in a new VPS with another project in mind. This project should be pretty much maintenance free and run itself - after countless hours testing, tweaking, and building. It's the testing, tweaking, and building that I'm looking forward to!

I actually have plenty of hosting elsewhere for this project, but I like things compartmentalized.

Anyhow, I get legitimately excited when I do this. There's always something new to try, always something new to test or tweak, and always hurdles that must be crossed. I actually enjoy that! I haven't had to fully set up a VPS for like a year, maybe more.

It's kinda like getting a new computer and doing a clean installation instead of cloning an existing installation.

I can't be alone in this.

OP
K

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
12591188575.png

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I recently replaced my homeserver with a more powerful system so I could run my own my own lab vm's using Proxmox. I do have 2 external vpses running on an actual physical host, I chose for the home lab setup so that I don't have any extra monthly costs and my lab is just to play around with nothing serious except for my two vm's which I got stuff running on for my home network.

OP
K

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
This will be web-facing, meaning there's no way I could realistically host it from home.

Well, my ISP would let me. I have a business class account, complete with static IPs if i want them. But, my bandwidth isn't acceptable to host much of anything.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!