Alert to all Virgin Media INternet /phone users

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits
This morning as if i didn't have enough on my plate I received a call direct to my virgin media landline. I don't know how these people got my number since i've only given it to a select few.
A lady attempted to install remote software giving me verbal instructions. I played along (for a while) A link she gave me to type in web browser address bar resulted in a file : support.Client.jnlp being downloaded to my desktop . A .jnlp is a Java file used for Networks

She then asked me to run it and could I see a .exe file being downloaded . It seems the hack is aimed at Window users. I've reported the issue to the technical team at virgin media UK. The guy seemed to already know somehow hackers got access to phone numbers.

I've deleted every and run chkrootkit - nothing now scanning clamav

They phoned from 01415392052

Be warned !

@captain-sensible
your call came via Glasgow [it may have been a re-route] not far [a few hundred yards] from the university

This has been going on for a long time. They don't need to know your number, they just sequentially dial the numbers - or a machine does it for them, is a more accurate way to describe it.

I've been eagerly waiting for a call from one of them. I plan on doing my best 'old rich man' behavior and keeping them on the phone for hours. "No, no... This is a new computer. I bought it last month when I had a virus. I paid a tech support company to come set it up for me. They only charged me $800 to set my computer up for me!" (Stuff like that.)

You can find people doing this with the keywords 'scam baiters'.

This has been going on for a long time.
I had one last week, recorded message from Amazon "there has been an order placed on your account, it has been flagged as not in your normal buying pattern phone now to confirm you placed this order"
only one problem ... I dont have an Amazon account

This has been going on for a long time. They don't need to know your number, they just sequentially dial the numbers - or a machine does it for them, is a more accurate way to describe it.

I've been eagerly waiting for a call from one of them. I plan on doing my best 'old rich man' behavior and keeping them on the phone for hours. "No, no... This is a new computer. I bought it last month when I had a virus. I paid a tech support company to come set it up for me. They only charged me $800 to set my computer up for me!" (Stuff like that.)

You can find people doing this with the keywords 'scam baiters'.
Jim Browning's scambaiting channel is awesome

Latest posts