Adamantix ISO file

HGStyle

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
Does anyone here has an Adamantix ISO file ?
The date is not important for me.

Thanks in advance, HGStyle.

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

Alas, there's no download link there - nor at any of the links on the page. I checked and gave up. It's a distro from almost 20 years ago - and not an overly popular one. I even found a specific .iso name and found nothing - not even at archive.org...

OP is gonna have to hope for someone with better Google-fu than I have.

The current 'adamantix.org' is some provider that seems to include webhosting and TV, with a site that doesn't actually have much in the way of information and is so slow in loading... So very slow (at least when I was there)...

OP
H

HGStyle

Reaction score
Credits
I know there is no download links on adamantix.org, and i searched in the Internet Archive, but there is nothing like an ISO file. I thinked it's can be a good idea to ask on a Linux forum the question, maybe someone has an ISO in his old download folder, or on his old USB key...

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits

darry1966

Reaction score
Credits

OP
H

HGStyle

Reaction score
Credits
Yes. I know ArchiveOS is a cool website to download iso files. But, no iso.

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits
Yes. I know ArchiveOS is a cool website to download iso files. But, no iso.

It seems Adamantix was once called "Trusted Debian". I wonder how far this is from just Debian?
(at least a Debian circa 2007 version). Is Debian still making 32bit (i386) versions?

Old Tom Bombadil

Reaction score
Credits
Is Debian still making 32bit (i386) versions?
Yes, they are... here are the latest "pure Debian" desktop editions. Or latest i386+nonfree desktop editions are here. These provide a base for others to provide 32-bit distros too, such as MX Linux, antiX, and Slax. Support for 32-bit seems to be a little less each year, but it ain't dead yet. Maybe the OP could find a suitable substitute among the many choices Debian now offers.

Last edited:

SlowCoder

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
To test it
Based on DistroWatch's description, it's a security-focussed Debian based distro. But it's now dead, and an old ISO would likely no longer be considered secure by modern definitions.

There are other more modern security-focussed distros available, depending on your needs.

Also, as I said in this thread, your computer is only as private/secure as you make it, no matter the distro.

That's about all I can offer, since you don't really specify why you are targeting Adamantix, or whether other distros would suffice.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online