Youtube is not working properly in my Linux machine.

Robinbd

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys,
I am a beginner of Linux. YouTube is not working properly in my Linux machine. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is buffering repeatedly again and again. And also some of the channel works and some of the channel doesn't work.

Please give me the solution.

1) Which distro of Linux are you using?
2) What browser are you using?
3) How much RAM have you got?
4) What is the make and model of your computer, or can you give us some basic specs?

Last edited:
Did it always do that or did it start doing it recently? Because if it started doing it recently, you may not wish to discount the possibility that your ISP is crapping out. I recommend waiting a day or two.

In the meantime, try another browser. If you're using chrome, try Firefox, if you're using Firefox, try maybe Vivaldi.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

The more information the more help we can give...could be your internet connection...do you use a Proxy or VPN...does this happen on every Browser...what is your internet speed.

Before fibre optic...buffering continuously was a big problem especially with Youtube and it drove me crazy but not now.
m1211.gif

Hello @Robinbd,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum. We really do need more info to be of much help.

Welcome to the forums, at first glance it looks like you may be some codecs missing, or a bad internet connection [wi-fi cards and routers don't last forever!]

Welcome to the forum, I think you may have bad internet connection or perfomance is slower, bad codecs and much more, please give more details!

I remember when my download speed was between 2MB and 4MBps...at times you just couldn't watch youtube.
t2407.gif

I got frequent dropouts that lasted many hours...it got to the point I was on the phone to my ISP all the time which was a waste of time because they knew what was happening but couldn't do anything about it except lie.
t1942.gif

My 3 favourite excuses...How far are you from the exchange...Many people must be using the internet...A car must have knocked over a telegraph pole.
m0124.gif

I think OP has gotten a bit ahead of himself as now he doesn't seem to be involving himself in the conversation. After he realized his fail, he probably went out to hide in a corn field or something! :D

Guys...
Thank you so much. My problem has been solved automatically and I don't know how it is solved . But good news is, it has been solved. Thank you so much for your response- guys.

Now, I am in a treble with another problem: https://www.linux.org/threads/i-cant-copy-paste-in-my-drive.43391/

I Cannt copy paste and create folder in my drive.

Please help me solve it.

Have a good day
Robin

Yeah, it was your internet.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts