Varma

Reaction score
Credits
My Kali is not showing wlan0 when searched iwconfig

It only shows

l0 no wireless extensions
eth0 no wireless extensions

from the Kali docs
  • Network services disabled by default: Kali Linux contains systemd hooks that disable network services by default. These hooks allow us to install various services on Kali Linux, while ensuring that our distribution remains secure by default, no matter what packages are installed. Additional services such as Bluetooth are also blocklisted by default.
and
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

you need to learn how to install Linux drivers

If you're running on a VM it will always detect your wireless device as an ethernet (bridged) connection. So you can connect to the internet but from what I learnt so far, if you want to do the fun things you'll need extra hardware. Only wireless cards connected via USB will work.. (I haven't tried myself)

If you're running on a VM it will always detect your wireless device as an ethernet (bridged) connection. So you can connect to the internet but from what I learnt so far, if you want to do the fun things you'll need extra hardware. Only wireless cards connected via USB will work.. (I haven't tried myself)
Source:

Delete
Only wireless cards connected via USB will work.. (I haven't tried myself)
correct, and by using the search facility on this site there are many post on network connections not working, and how to fix them

Members online